Driving a Robin Reliant on a cbt.

Yup just like that, you see I was thinking on taking up fishing, but would need transport, so I'm not a massive driving fan, I'd be happy with something cheap to run, like a piaggio or robin.

I think I'd prefer a Robin, so I can stick my Kayake on the roofrack.

Bed down the passenger side, enough space in the back for me rods n gear, maybe a fridge, sink, cooker.

Jobs a good un, I mean it's not like I'm trying to convert a coach or anything.

Just want something small and simple.

Right - have heard back from the traffic cops...

You can ride a trike, on L plates and a provisional licence, with a single seat as long as it has an engine of no more than 850cc...that'll do for me :hihi:

Not sure if robin's are covered by this - they are 848cc - but there may be an issue with the seats (unless you take them out that is)

Right - have heard back from the traffic cops...

You can ride a trike, on L plates and a provisional licence, with a single seat as long as it has an engine of no more than 850cc...that'll do for me :hihi:

Not sure if robin's are covered by this - they are 848cc - but there may be an issue with the seats (unless you take them out that is)

much more too it than that im afraid.

much more too it than that im afraid.

I think it goes on the weight of the vehicle too?

Why do people insist on saying Robin Reliant?

Can't speak for anyone else but "Reliant Robin" is too awkward a set of syllables to make it a pleasant word to roll off the tongue, where as "Robin Reliant" has better flow off the tongue.

Thank you for getting the words Reliant (the manufacturer) and Robin (the model) in the correct order!

Why do people insist on saying Robin Reliant?

Possibly the same reason that people talk about the old Skoda Rapide...that never ever had an "e" in it

I think it goes on the weight of the vehicle too?

Can't speak for anyone else but "Reliant Robin" is too awkward a set of syllables to make it a pleasant word to roll off the tongue, where as "Robin Reliant" has better flow off the tongue.

Yes thats one factor could have 3LTR trike but depends on wieght even a full bike lisence over a certain wieght wouldnt cover a trike there again would have to be one heavy dude lol .Supprising how many customers used to call it a robin reliant but never regal reliant or rialto reliant etc oh well mine was a vauxhall mini rialto robin reliant then :suspect:

Archived