Driving a Robin Reliant on a cbt.

Yup just like that, you see I was thinking on taking up fishing, but would need transport, so I'm not a massive driving fan, I'd be happy with something cheap to run, like a piaggio or robin.

I think I'd prefer a Robin, so I can stick my Kayake on the roofrack.

Bed down the passenger side, enough space in the back for me rods n gear, maybe a fridge, sink, cooker.

Jobs a good un, I mean it's not like I'm trying to convert a coach or anything.

Just want something small and simple.

Its a robin, not a tardis :hihi:

True :hihi:

But im guessing if you removed the mountings for the seats you may get away with it - it may have to be inspected though...

no inspection required and removing reverse do,s not apply anymore.You can puchase a trike frame that holds the reliant engine/gearbox etc as well.

I don't know how the law stands now regarding 3 wheelers,but in 1970 i bought a new Reliant Regal Supervan MK3 (850cc) from Charley Freeman for £500.2s.6d....as the law stood then it could be driven on a motorbike licence full or provisional(with "L" plates),no seats removed or reverse gear blanked off,as long as the weight remained under 8cwt it was classed as a Tricycle,the same went for m/bike/sidecar you could ride any bike over 250cc with "L"s, on prov licence,this many did as it was a way of having a 750cc and all it needed was a frame on side of bike to make it into a tricycle.As for buying one now they are pretty expensive,bet the 1970 i had then would be worth more than 1970 merc or bmw...or rolls?.......

I don't know how the law stands now regarding 3 wheelers,but in 1970 i bought a new Reliant Regal Supervan MK3 (850cc) from Charley Freeman for £500.2s.6d....as the law stood then it could be driven on a motorbike licence full or provisional(with "L" plates),no seats removed or reverse gear blanked off,as long as the weight remained under 8cwt it was classed as a Tricycle,the same went for m/bike/sidecar you could ride any bike over 250cc with "L"s, on prov licence,this many did as it was a way of having a 750cc and all it needed was a frame on side of bike to make it into a tricycle.As for buying one now they are pretty expensive,bet the 1970 i had then would be worth more than 1970 merc or bmw...or rolls?.......
Yeah the law was changed slighty

Archived