Get job seekers allowance while on holiday?

People looking for work are entitled to the same amount of holidays and time off as people already in work. Consequently yes, it's quite possible to be away on holiday for a week or two and still receive JSA.

Its how they finance a holiday that is the strange thing. how do you afford a holiday if your not in work?

Its how they finance a holiday that is the strange thing. how do you afford a holiday if your not in work?

Because they more than likely receiving every other benefit going. Probably cheating the system.

Who are the fools us sat here or them sat in red hot Turkey? Atleast they have got all the time in the world to go away.

If you're out of the house for a week you have no housekeeping to pay .. that's how we finance ours, and we're not on JSA/income support.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

By house keeping I guess you mean bills like food (still need to eat on holiday), electricity, gas and so on.

The cost of a holiday far exceeds the tiny savings you make by not being at home using the TV and cooker.

People looking for work are entitled to the same amount of holidays and time off as people already in work. Consequently yes, it's quite possible to be away on holiday for a week or two and still receive JSA.

Time off what?:hihi::hihi:.

By house keeping I guess you mean bills like food (still need to eat on holiday), electricity, gas and so on.

The cost of a holiday far exceeds the tiny savings you make by not being at home using the TV and cooker.

he might mean you dont have to pay the butler, chef and cleaner :hihi:

well its nice to know where out taxes are going isnt it? :roll:

I work full time and can't afford to go on holiday in this country let alone go abroad.

Something is very wrong here.

How can you be available for work if you are away from home and on holiday?

If you sit in wetherspoons all day and get a kebab on your way home you can do the same on holiday.

Not my Idea of a holiday but plenty seem to do it.

Archived