Unemployment rate falls

All this better than expected economic news is a bit inconvenient isn't it. I mean, how can the ConsLibs continue to spout their ridiculous 'Labour broke it, it's all Labour's fault' nonsense when just about every economic indicator vindicates Darling's handling of the economy during the worst recession in living memory.

All this better than expected economic news is a bit inconvenient isn't it. I mean, how can the ConsLibs continue to spout their ridiculous 'Labour broke it, it's all Labour's fault' nonsense when just about every economic indicator vindicates Darling's handling of the economy during the worst recession in living memory.

It's the calm before the storm, the unemployed total will rise dramatically when the spending cuts are made. This will have a knock on effect throughout the rest of the economy.

Not inconvenient at all. Private industry was kicked in the whatsits three years ago. It's gradually getting back on its feet.

The public sector have it to come. The savings cuts have been planned since before the election. 8% apparently in the Sheffield hospitals and I'm told that it's 15% in the universities. Them's Browns cuts fault, not the coalition's.

Quite right. They claim now that things (finances) are even worse than they thought surprise, surprise so they win either way. If things end up being even worse than expected they and their media cronies will blame Labour. If things do not turn out a bad or there is an earlier than expected recovery it will be the Smarmy Dave miracle.

I fear the worst though, especially with that former druggie clown Osborne in charge of the finances.

Seasonal adjustment comes to mind.

You obviously didn't read the words before the ones you quoted.

The savings cuts have been planned since before the election. 8% apparently in the Sheffield hospitals and I'm told that it's 15% in the universities. Them's Browns cuts fault, not the coalition's.

If you think for one moment we have had the worst of the recession think again....the best analogy i can come up with is a tidal wave.....as the big wave approaches the water along the beach receeds (first job cuts)....then the whole thing smashes in and is pretty unstoppable ( economic cuts leading to a huge rise in job losses)....hate to say it but were heading way past the 3 million mark......it's going to be tough but i trust the conservatives to weather the storm and bring us out of this in the time they have announced.

Archived