If only you knew what it's like living as a traveller

I freely admitted that this is the case in the previous post. Enlighten me.

Didicoy (Romani: didikai; also diddicoy, diddycoy) is a term of the Romanichal (the English branch of Romani or "Gypsies") for travellers with mixed Romani blood.

maybe you should research more and use your feet for walking instead of opening you mouth and putting your foot in it.

maybe you should research more and use your feet for walking instead of opening you mouth and putting your foot in it.

Oh, I already did. I see you took the "nice" bit from Wiki.

Urban Dictionary says this:

Diddycoy:

1. Originally a Romani term of respect (dadika) for an older person, this has come to mean (in UK English) a Gypsy or traveller who is not of pure blood. The insult is therefore compounded, not only does this person have the negative qualities that prejudice has associated with travellers, but they are also of suspect descent, doubly damned.

2. First used as an insult against poor Irish immigrants to Britain.

Now used to refer to people more commonly described as gippos.

3. Diddycoy

A perjorative word used to describe travellers, originally a corruption of the Romani phrase "Dik a dai", meaning "look at this"

So what's your excuse, seeing as you are known as a notorious xenophobe around this forum?

Oh, I already did. I see you took the "nice" bit from Wiki.

Urban Dictionary says this:

Diddycoy:

1. Originally a Romani term of respect (dadika) for an older person, this has come to mean (in UK English) a Gypsy or traveller who is not of pure blood. The insult is therefore compounded, not only does this person have the negative qualities that prejudice has associated with travellers, but they are also of suspect descent, doubly damned.

2. First used as an insult against poor Irish immigrants to Britain.

Now used to refer to people more commonly described as gippos.

3. Diddycoy

A perjorative word used to describe travellers, originally a corruption of the Romani phrase "Dik a dai", meaning "look at this"

So what's your excuse, seeing as you are known as a notorious xenophobe around this forum?

Silly boy:loopy: the term Diddycoy is no more derogatory than Gippos.:rolleyes:

see you dont even understand that they are the same NO DIFFERENCE you shouldnt judge if you dont know them

Gypsies are always pretty adamant that their way of life is completely different to Irish Travellers... From a distance it looks very like, but for the Romanys, they get very particular to be tarred with the same brush... Why do you feel that you are like them, when they feel that they are not like you?

hi, i used to live next door to a family of travellers, they decided to have a house so they could put their children in school as they couldnt read or write and wanted better for the children.

the father went to work every day in his truck, which was cleaned every day. the house was spotless, the children were spotless, didnt play on the street and the whole family were so polite, minded their own business, and still people caused them harrassment calling them pikey's etc.

they had a caravan on the drive which was cleaned all the time even though they only used it in school hols to go travelling in.

give me a street full of neighbours like them than some of the cretins i have lived next door to any day !!!!

Archived