If only you knew what it's like living as a traveller

IVAN LILLEY, For someone that says 'we must never forget our heroes' you are quick to forget 'why'they are our heroes.

They fought for the freedoms of Gypsies and you come on and spew vile at them as quick as a Nazi.

In fact I reckon that that whole 'state of our VC grave' topic was just cobblers. I think its just a rouse to get people to be more patriotic and then nationalistic so as to drive home your true right wing agenda on here.

IVAN LILLEY, For someone that says 'we must never forget our heroes' you are quick to forget 'why'they are our heroes.

They fought for the freedoms of Gypsies and you come on and spew vile at them as quick as a Nazi.

In fact I reckon that that whole 'state of our VC grave' topic was just cobblers. I think its just a rouse to get people to be more patriotic and then nationalistic so as to drive home your true right wing agenda on here.

Grab it whilst its cheap:hihi:

i live in a house thankyou and who wants to employ gypsies ? Now you know what i mean have to go self employed

How would a prospective employer know that you are a gypsy?

Do you put it on your job application form, or carry a crystal ball and wear hoop ear rings to an interview? I really don't understand that comment.

Sex, religion, age etc should be 'overlooked' by any prospective employer and they're hardly likely to ask you about your 'ethnic background' unless you mention it first.

If you live in a council house, ask to be moved to another area and then don't tell people of your gypsy traits if it proves to be problematic for you.

If you're not proud of your heritage keep quiet.

If you want to shout about your heritage from the rooftops then be prepared to persuade people about your good points and your ability to integrate into a section of society you wish to be part of.

How would a prospective employer know that you are a gypsy?

Do you put it on your job application form, or carry a crystal ball and wear hoop ear rings to an interview? I really don't understand that comment.

Sex, religion, age etc should be 'overlooked' by any prospective employer and they're hardly likely to ask you about your 'ethnic background' unless you mention it first.

If you live in a council house, ask to be moved to another area and then don't tell people of your gypsy traits if it proves to be problematic for you.

If you're not proud of your heritage keep quiet.

If you want to shout about your heritage from the rooftops then be prepared to persuade people about your good points and your ability to integrate into a section of society you wish to be part of.

I agree. Call me naive if you want to, but if someone moved in next to me and conducted themselves the same as the rest of us (ie quietish, keeps the garden there or thereabout etc) I'd a) have no idea of your heritage and b) even if that was obvious due to a different colour, culture etc, have no problem whatsoever with you. So - what's the problem?

if people cant tell your a traveller they cant discriminate against you. its obviously something your doing that makes it obvious you are/were a traveller, and I wouldnt be surprised if its something negative. If you have a house and are self employed the only way people would discriminate against you being a traveller is if you are behaing like one. You dont think that maybe its just your behaviour people are disciminating against? Try behaivng like the herd or go get a new one.

if people cant tell your a traveller they cant discriminate against you. its obviously something your doing that makes it obvious you are/were a traveller, and I wouldnt be surprised if its something negative. If you have a house and are self employed the only way people would discriminate against you being a traveller is if you are behaing like one. You dont think that maybe its just your behaviour people are disciminating against? Try behaivng like the herd or go get a new one.

Sounds familiar. :rolleyes:;)

I had a traveller living upstairs from me, you could tell from her accent. It was confirmed when she confided in one of the neighbours who then refused to have anything more to do with her and told anyone and everyone she met.

To be honest I didn't have a problem with her being a traveller, I had a problem with her being a noisy obnoxious cow that couldn't care less who she was making miserable by shouting, screaming and doing wolf impersonations (I kid you not) at all hours.

Still, she isn't the worst neighbour I've had. The worst people I've lived next to are white students of a middle class background, they really do think they can live by their own laws, because Daddy said so.

Archived