If only you knew what it's like living as a traveller

really? oh well im wrong and your right so ill just ignore the facts and keep quite. many thanks maybe you should open a cambodian style reeducation style camp for people who need a reality check. oh wait they exist, the lottery funded multicultural your white so racist diploma.:roll:OMG:roll:

Sorry, but what are you on about? I was merely reflecting on your generalisations, and why others might form an opinion about you that you appear to be unhappy with.

Although I sympathise a little for the OP, its a problem of their own making.

They reputation precedes them, and if they claim they're a tight knit community then I'm afraid you're going to be forever prejudiced against.

I wish I could tell a positive personal experience of travellers but I sadly can't: They came sniffing round my garden while I was storing a Hobby caravan for someone. We had to remove the wheels and towing bracket to ensure it stayed where it was. They ruined my local country park with the dumping of their rubbish and human waste, and they've recently annexed a cul-de-sac country lane by gating it and then parking up their caravans and vans and even erected huge wooden sheds.

It's here if anyone wants to see the area. They gated the road from Newton Lane and made the lane their private compound. The row of bushes by the lane? They've completely "disappeared".

It's probably the loppy old Transit pickup in the drive with no tax or test,bald tyres,used for ferreting things out of peoples gardens to be sold for pound notes................could that possibly be it?...........if so,can I please have my mower back!
And it was Gypsies that nicked your mower ?

I think you should spend 30 min out side a scrap yard when they are going in with all the domestic scrap and I will wager you a hundred pound that all of the flat backs going in are by white English tatters.

It must be great for them thieving gits to know that while they are lining their pockets with your goods that there is a bogey man getting the blame IE: The travellers.

if only you knew what its like living as a traveller the way they get treated is unfair anyone out there prepared to help me stand up for their rights my chidren suffer in this city because of their background and i have living proof of that,we have no one to turn to and cant class it racist when been harassed and believe me we do get HARASSED

I find the whole lifestyle quite fascinating & romantic. It's just a shame that some travellers operate under the law. It's a shame that some travellers have to resort to theft & violence. I know that this is not the same for all travellers, but quite a lot do, especially in my experience.

And it was Gypsies that nicked your mower ?

I think you should spend 30 min out side a scrap yard when they are going in with all the domestic scrap and I will wager you a hundred pound that all of the flat backs going in are by white English tatters.

It must be great for them thieving gits to know that while they are lining their pockets with your goods that there is a bogey man getting the blame IE: The travellers.

Are they Gypsies,Travellers,or white English tatters that reside at Lodge Moor site?

You could only interpret it that way if you find those offensive and think it reasonable that everyone else should as well, or if your being difficult.

Its pretty simple stuff though, if I refuse to modify my behaviour to suit the locals I can expect discrimination, try changing country/city a few times and you will see what I mean. Humans are designed to adapt and chnge to suit the local populace, its why most people pick up the local accent... to fit in, we pick up mannerisms, character traits and preferences off the people we interact with frequently.

I know you don't really think that fitting in is equivalent to having a sex change or gowing a new pair of legs.

I was just going through the stereotypes.

I have changed cities, states and countries - try stepping off the plae from Australia in the middle of the Ashes when England are doing well!! not pleasent! :)

Archived