If only you knew what it's like living as a traveller

Ahhhh ... I love threads I join in with in the middle .. not had the time to read the previous.

My own experience of "travellers" .Actually very humbling. A few years ago, when I was going through my mid life crisis, I dragged my OH around clubs and parties ... one after party we went to has given me a lovely memory.

10 am and everyone is chilling out .. still drinking vokda obviously and making an effort to smile and dance, and two children .. ages were 8 and 10, came downstairs.

They came over to their Mum, who had been partying with us, and asked if she woud take them to spend their Christmas money.

They were travellers ... up in Nottingham visiting friends .. She took them out .. and a while later they came back with their spoils. Their Christmas present had been £10, to be spent in a charity shop .. and a charity shop only.

I felt incredibly humbled at their utter pleasure in what they had bought .. how happy they were with their second hand gifts.

Ahhhh ... I love threads I join in with in the middle .. not had the time to read the previous.

My own experience of "travellers" .Actually very humbling. A few years ago, when I was going through my mid life crisis, I dragged my OH around clubs and parties ... one after party we went to has given me a lovely memory.

10 am and everyone is chilling out .. still drinking vokda obviously and making an effort to smile and dance, and two children .. ages were 8 and 10, came downstairs.

They came over to their Mum, who had been partying with us, and asked if she woud take them to spend their Christmas money.

They were travellers ... up in Nottingham visiting friends .. She took them out .. and a while later they came back with their spoils. Their Christmas present had been £10, to be spent in a charity shop .. and a charity shop only.

I felt incredibly humbled at their utter pleasure in what they had bought .. how happy they were with their second hand gifts.

oh how sweet:love::D:love:

Well lets be honest! charity shops are the first port of call for lots of people now,whatever status.Fantastic bargains to be had in some of them,top designer names for a few quid,why would you not go and be humbled.I guess travellers might be the first to sniff that deal out.I once bought a £350 Boss jacket for £15 in a Sheffield charity shop.

Well lets be honest! charity shops are the first port of call for lots of people now,whatever status.Fantastic bargains to be had in some,top designer names for a few quid,why would you not go and be humbled.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

I'm 49 .. when I was 17 I shopped in charity shops for cookie looking clothes .. it's as cheap to shop in Primark now to be honest ...

What I was trying to say was .. in this day and age or "must haves" and parents supplying their children's must haves .. it was nice to see children as equally happy with little.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

I'm 49 .. when I was 17 I shopped in charity shops for cookie looking clothes .. it's as cheap to shop in Primark now to be honest ...

What I was trying to say was .. in this day and age or "must haves" and parents supplying their children's must haves .. it was nice to see children as equally happy with little.

or other peoples property?

if only you knew what its like living as a traveller the way they get treated is unfair anyone out there prepared to help me stand up for their rights my chidren suffer in this city because of their background and i have living proof of that,we have no one to turn to and cant class it racist when been harassed and believe me we do get HARASSED

Do you have any theory why you are targeted for harassment?

Archived