Blake Street Race and Festival.

Hi, I will soon be moving to the top of Blake Street with my girlfriend and as a way of meeting the neighbours and bringing something to the local community, I thought of a strange idea of potentially organising a foot race, from the bottom to the top of Blake street.

Maybe staging a few different races featuring different participants across all ages. People can be sponsored to run it or pay to be a part of the race and the proceedings could go to a local community project perhaps. At the top of the hill, in Ruskin park, maybe a few stalls could be set up serving drinks, food and local craft and maybe a Sheffield band could provide some entertainment.

Anyway, Just a thought that id like to ask some sporty types to see if it might be the type of thing that would interests you.

Cheers, Mat.

Hi, I will soon be moving to the top of Blake Street with my girlfriend and as a way of meeting the neighbours and bringing something to the local community, I thought of a strange idea of potentially organising a foot race, from the bottom to the top of Blake street.

Maybe staging a few different races featuring different participants across all ages. People can be sponsored to run it or pay to be a part of the race and the proceedings could go to a local community project perhaps. At the top of the hill, in Ruskin park, maybe a few stalls could be set up serving drinks, food and local craft and maybe a Sheffield band could provide some entertainment.

Anyway, Just a thought that id like to ask some sporty types to see if it might be the type of thing that would interests you.

Cheers, Mat.

Brings back memories mat

I used to live of Boyce Street used to knaker me out just walking up that bloody hill never mind running up it lol. I found the only good use blake street was for bump starting my clapped out fiesta lol.

Good luck with your venture

• 10 months later...

Hi duckcave

Was just looking for some information about Boyce St on the Forum when I saw your post.

I didn't hear of the race last year, so don't know how you got on, but if you're still interested to meet some locals, we're having a street party this Friday 29th 2011 (don't worry we're not royalists, just an excuse with the day off). You'd be more than welcome to come along - 2 to 5pm (or later if people want).

Archived