Indian restaurant for lunch in city centre

medicgirl

I want to take some family members to an Indian restaurant for lunch on a Saturday in a few weeks' time. Would be most convenient if in/very close to town as they're staying at the St Pauls hotel right in the city centre. Had planned to take them to Aagrah but discovered when I was there on Saturday that they don't open for lunch! Just looked on the website for Cafe Guru and it looks like they don't open for lunch either. Any other ideas?

That's a tough one. I know from mistaking you for a friend that you're into your proper curry (i.e. East and West!). I often fancy a curry at lunchtime (breakfast too) but am yet to find anywhere in town that satisfies. A trip out to Spital Hill normally solves it, but totally inconvenient... Does the Shapla open for lunch?

Def go to Nirmals - It's the best, it really is! Almond soup! I wish I was there now!

Or try this one...http://www.dosanj.com/index-3j.html

Oh my Lord. Do not try Dosanj.

There is a huge thread banging on about how bad it is somewhere on here.

Archived