Unfragrant work colleagues

Like Farslad said it takes 5 mins to have a shower in a morning, it must be laziness!

It's that bad you can go into the toilet 15 mins after he's been in there and the smell's still lingering!

I guess its more a problem for people working in an office than outdoors as the smell as room to breathe?

Why not bring it up in general conversation at break? Somrehing along the lines of 'Went into a pub last week and this hot weather is making some people REALLY smelly...maybe their mates should have a word with them because I don't think they realise'

May make him/her review their personal hygiene.

I think that's the only way you can do it without being really hurtful and embarrassing him.

We had a similar situation... and at the pub I said something along the lines of:

"There's this guy I know who showers 4 times a day every day! Surely that's a bit OTT??!! Don't most people only shower every morning?! That's got me paranoid now that I must be a bit smelly to him, cos I only shower once a day..."

I kinda hoped that the "only" once a day might be a good hint... and got other people to chip in about how often they showered 'to make me feel better' ;)

...but it backfired cos this guy said he showered every morning :roll:

I think sometimes it's not just the showering but if you have a shower then put on unwashed clothes they could be the culprit of the smell??

I think that's the only way you can do it without being really hurtful and embarrassing him.

We had a similar situation... and at the pub I said something along the lines of:

"There's this guy I know who showers 4 times a day every day! Surely that's a bit OTT??!! Don't most people only shower every morning?! That's got me paranoid now that I must be a bit smelly to him, cos I only shower once a day..."

I kinda hoped that the "only" once a day might be a good hint... and got other people to chip in about how often they showered 'to make me feel better' ;)

...but it backfired cos this guy said he showered every morning :roll:

I think sometimes it's not just the showering but if you have a shower then put on unwashed clothes they could be the culprit of the smell??

If that's the case, perhaps a conversation on the lines of.............

'Do you have a washing machine?'

Yes

'Well why don't you try using it once in a bleeding while!'

Or is that a little too abrupt?

If that's the case, perhaps a conversation on the lines of.............

'Do you have a washing machine?'

Yes

'Well why don't you try using it once in a bleeding while!'

Or is that a little too abrupt?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You're MEAN!

I must admit I was a bit tipsy at the time and it was all I could do not to gasp "Really?! You shower every day??!! I don't believe you!" :o

Funnily enough he doesn't smell so much anymore... so maybe the "I shower every day" was a fib to save face, but it did sink in really...

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You're MEAN!

I must admit I was a bit tipsy at the time and it was all I could do not to gasp "Really?! You shower every day??!! I don't believe you!" :o

Funnily enough he doesn't smell so much anymore... so maybe the "I shower every day" was a fib to save face, but it did sink in really...

Ha so coming into work half cut and strolling up and saying 'You stink' is another option then!

There are 4 stinkies at my place of work

On has **** breath and BO, another has BO that can make youre eyes water at 100 paces, one more seems to think coming into work in clothes he hasent washed for over a week is such a fab idea in this heat and the last is just a rank scrubber who thinks nothing of goin for a tomtit before lunch an not washin thier hands.

Oh we also have another who eats and smell like a pig!!

On has **** breath and BO, another has BO that can make youre eyes water at 100 paces, one more seems to think coming into work in clothes he hasent washed for over a week is such a fab idea in this heat and the last is just a rank scrubber who thinks nothing of goin for a tomtit before lunch an not washin thier hands.

Where the hell do you work??!! Sounds awful!

Ha quality! Where do you work!? I'm guessing Aldi or its the staff room at school!

Archived