Genocide, rape, torture, destruction and displacement in Kyrgyzstan

IVAN LILLEY, can you please learn how to use the Quote facility? (i.e. leaving the tags on BOTH ends of the quote intact)

It takes a lot of moderating time to follow someone round and fix the tags.

the first and only time ive made theat mistake, sorry.

how is asking if its about money racist?

It's not. The post addressing you was asking you to learn how to use the quote function.

The posts which were trying to derail the thread have been removed.

I...As for what is done about the situation, I'm not sure that I've got enough information to genuinely understand what needs to happen, but it wouldn't be too much to ask for the UN to have a look to see if there's anything that peacekeepers could do, would it?

Unfortunately although the UN has 192 member countries, when it comes to providing peacekeepers most of them seem to have better things to do.

I don't have the first clue about the stresses and strains in that part of the world apart from the depressing regularity of human depravity that comes to the surface when order breaks down.

Apparently Kyrgyzstan has is an air base used by the US as a logistics stop for Afghanistan / Iraq. Obviously they have immediate military capability so it will be interesting to see the level of enthusiasm the UN / Americans have to help out this week rather than in a years time.

I believe Russia has an airbase base there also.I can`t see them both going in to keep the peace.

Archived