Catholic uproar gets World Cup Ad banned.

Well if it's one less bloody football related advert on our TV screens then I'm all in favour no matter how petty the motive. Never ceases to amaze me how companies who have zero connection to football somehow manage to come up with football-related ad campaigns when the world cup is on. Exactly the same thing happens at christmas - just a shameless attempt at cashing in.

Maybe if I complained that some of them were offensive to my misguided beliefs then I could get a few more banned?

Offensive? Banned? Whatever next? One rule for one and another rule for the others? Where are the foaming at the mouth defenders of freedom of expression now?

Tail up their backside making excuses no doubt of how to explain it all away.:roll: Hey and the measure of their defense of freedom of expression is to still try and bad mouth the Muslims.:hihi:

at least they who complained did it in the legal way! and it was a whole advert. look what happens if you draw a picture in some religions:roll:

at least they who complained did it in the legal way! and it was a whole advert. look what happens if you draw a picture in some religions:roll:

Yet another thread that is steered towards bashing non-moderate muslims. Lets keep it on the subject please. Islamophobia is taking over the West. Just look here. Before you know it, MI5 will be putting cameras up all over the place just to keep an eye on them.

Offensive? Banned? Whatever next? One rule for one and another rule for the others? Where are the foaming at the mouth defenders of freedom of expression now?

Tail up their backside making excuses no doubt of how to explain it all away.:roll: Hey and the measure of their defense of freedom of expression is to still try and bad mouth the Muslims.:hihi:

I was actually going to make a post where I was all like 'free speech this' and 'free speech that' but then I realised that this advert coming off the air will have made some advertising executives somewhere in the world very annoyed and that thought made me happy and relaxed enough to let this one pass.

Paranoid or what?

Maybe the "foaming at the mouth defenders of freedom of expression" aren't interested because there's nothing to be interested about. It wasn't banned, it was pulled. Just like Intel pulled this controversial ad in 2007, it's not a question of freedom of speech, just good/bad marketing.

I think the Catholics that complained about this ad have no sense of humour, or are stupid, but unfortunately Hyundai want to sell to people with no sense of humour, so it's a business call. There's nothing for me to complain about, no matter how "foaming" you might like me to be.

There is a big difference between this and Christian's calling for politicians to ban a play, Sheiks using violent threats to close a play, or Muslims using violent threats to prevent somebody taking pen to paper, wouldn't you agree?

I really do hope your answer is "yes" btw.

Yet another thread that is steered towards bashing non-moderate muslims. Lets keep it on the subject please. Islamophobia is taking over the West. Just look here. Before you know it, MI5 will be putting cameras up all over the place just to keep an eye on them.

you should get a victim tattoo

Archived