Bring back Tony Blair and George Bush

You mean extradite them, don't you? Someone somewhere must want to put them on trial for something.

Reagan was okay in my books and he backed up Thatcher during the Falklands war. He took a lot of stick from his neighbours south of the border for having the guts to do that.

Reagan was okay in my books and he backed up Thatcher during the Falklands war. He took a lot of stick from his neighbours south of the border for having the guts to do that.

The Yanks didn't back the UK in the Falkalnds crisis, they sat on the fence.

If I remember rightly they abstained in a UN vote on the crisis.

The Yanks didn't back the UK in the Falkalnds crisis, they sat on the fence.

If I remember rightly they abstained in a UN vote on the crisis.

Yes they did. Not militarily obviously but they made certain sources of supply available to the British navy.

Abstaining doesn't mean condemning. Allies have often abstained on voting in the UN on certain measures that have affected other allies

Dont forget too that the US is right next door to South America and relations with that part have always been a mix of positive and negative.

Argentina was/is one of the countries in that part of the world that traditionally always had friendly relations with the US.

In delicate situations like the Falklands and the US position it's a matter of walking a tightrope instead of just barging like a bull into a china shop

Yes they did. Not militarily obviosuly but they made certain sources of supply available to the British navy.

Abstaining doesn't mean condemning. Allies have often abstained on voting in the UN on certain measures that have affected other allies

Dont forget too that the US is right next door to South America and relations with that part have always been a mix of positive and negative.

Argentina was/is one of the countries in that part of the world that traditionally always had friendly relations with the US.

In delicate situations like the Falklands and the US position it's a matter of walking a tightrope instead of just barging like a bull into a china shop

Thanks for reply, so they didn't really back us then.

when the late, great John Smith died, we trade union members had the choice of three candidates to take charge of the Labour Party.

John Prescott,

Margaret Beckett,

and Tory Tony Blair...

suffice it to say TB didn't get a look in with my vote. Sad to say, many voters were taken in by his proto=Tory policies.

What made me the most uneasy, and most suspicious about his leanings, was Thatcher describing him as "the best thing to happen to British politics..." :wow:

these were the good days when bush and blair were in charge we were scared of nobdy and america had our backs just like we had theirs. no were still fighting americas battle for obama and he dunt want owt to do with england

just ow did america have our backs? and ow as there then changed now

(Note: written in a style that the thread starter may be able to comprehend)

just ow did america have our backs? and ow as there then changed now

(Note: written in a style that the thread starter may be able to comprehend)

obama does not like the united kingdom unlike bush who was mates with blair. how many times since obama got in have our government been across the pond or there presidency been here once i think and also there has been no gifts exchanged like the jumpers that bush used to bring over for tony

Archived