Serious matter, need help from someone who knows law

Let's straight to the point. I suspect that my apartment mate (We rent the same apartment but we are not close, I have no idea about her background apart from she is a university student in Manchester) engaged in duplicating various University degree certificate. There are times when she was on the phone when dealing with this business with her "client" and "partners", that's why I'm sure she has involved in illegal business. I feel the need to report this to the police but if I do, she will know that I am the one who report to police. She might do something bad to me to take revenge. I am so scare and worry about this. Also I have a concern about after reporting to the police, I myself will be in trouble as they need my evidence and that sort of thing. Im 100% innocent but I just dont want to be in trouble which will interrupt my normal life. Should I call the police or someone who is more appropriate? From what I overheard in the past nine months, she ran this business for few years till now. So I suspect she might be already aware of things like getting rid of evidence or something like that, police might found nothing in her computer, then I will be ended up facing her in apartment and worrying whole day(worry about how if she put poison in my food or kettle). can you please help me as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you have a strong suspicion that this is what's going on, I'd be finding somewhere else to live, moving out and THEN reporting her to the Police. Let them do their job.

Many people study hard to gain their qualifications - it' not right that this person should be doing this - it undermines the whole system.

Let's straight to the point. I suspect that my apartment mate (We rent the same apartment but we are not close, I have no idea about her background apart from she is a university student in Manchester) engaged in duplicating various University degree certificate. There are times when she was on the phone when dealing with this business with her "client" and "partners", that's why I'm sure she has involved in illegal business. I feel the need to report this to the police but if I do, she will know that I am the one who report to police. She might do something bad to me to take revenge. I am so scare and worry about this. Also I have a concern about after reporting to the police, I myself will be in trouble as they need my evidence and that sort of thing. Im 100% innocent but I just dont want to be in trouble which will interrupt my normal life. Should I call the police or someone who is more appropriate? From what I overheard in the past nine months, she ran this business for few years till now. So I suspect she might be already aware of things like getting rid of evidence or something like that, police might found nothing in her computer, then I will be ended up facing her in apartment and worrying whole day(worry about how if she put poison in my food or kettle). can you please help me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Have you seen any of the duplicated certificates? If you have I think you do need to report your suspicions to the police and the institutions involved.

If you're worried about your safety you can do so anonymously, but explain your need for discretion and don't reveal too much personal information.

When the police come to investigate it there should be no need to implicate you, their interest could have been aroused through several sources and even if she has destroyed all evidence (which would be extremely difficult), you'll know you've tried to do the right thing.

Keep your nose out of her business that's the way its done over here,you have no proof and I suspect with your reluctance to act and fear of the authorities becoming involved you seem to have something to hide yourself,you cant be afraid of getting in trouble if your 100% innocent ,it just doesn't wash

She is not duplicating her certificate, she is selling bogus certificate upon request by customer. I dont have anything to hide, and yes I'm 100% innocent in this case. I am just wondering if she will be put in jail for this? I cant move to another place until my contract ends. Or if I do, I will have to pay for the whole new apartment rental rather than just my room which I cant afford.

Yes I have seen the certificate once(she left it unattended in living area) and have taken photo of it. But the photo does not suggest anything because it just looks like a normal certificate though. I'm sure that alot of evidence in her email inbox, that is how she gets business from(including customers information to make the certificate). And also I have seen her bank account, some huge sum of money flows in constantly, and I know she has no source or funds from her family.

NoddyHolder: Did u mean that you didnt report this to the police when u know about this before?

It's not likely that she would go to jail and any case would probably take a long time to come to court assuming the police even look into it. As mentioned, the police would have no reason to implicate you but if you are concerend you could just pop down to a police station and ask to speak to someone about it.

She is not duplicating her certificate, she is selling bogus certificate upon request by customer. I dont have anything to hide, and yes I'm 100% innocent in this case. I am just wondering if she will be put in jail for this? I cant move to another place until my contract ends. Or if I do, I will have to pay for the whole new apartment rental rather than just my room which I cant afford.

Yes I have seen the certificate once(she left it unattended in living area) and have taken photo of it. But the photo does not suggest anything because it just looks like a normal certificate though. I'm sure that alot of evidence in her email inbox, that is how she gets business from(including customers information to make the certificate). And also I have seen her bank account, some huge sum of money flows in constantly, and I know she has no source or funds from her family.

NoddyHolder: Did u mean that you didnt report this to the police when u know about this before?

What are you doing going through her personal files ?

I think noddy's implying you should keep your nose out because you're from "over there" and not from "over here". It's what we do over here,ignore crime. :D

I think noddy's implying you should keep your nose out because you're from "over there" and not from "over here". It's what we do over here,ignore crime. :D

I am saying there's no proof of any crime you just dont stick your nose on what Im guessing is just either a hunch or simply mis representation of the "facts"

There is also a little matter of privacy ,the police will not investigate anything like this when the "evidence" has been obtained illegally..i.e snooping

Archived