I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

You just cannot seem to grasp what i am saying.

The issue they have with me has nothing to do with my sign on appointment.

Yes it does.

The problem they have is that i left sheffield without letting them know where i was going. They want to know if you leave sheffield regardless of whether its your sign on day or not.

No it's not, and no they don't.

They are questioning whether i was available for work for the period between the 10th of june and the 16th of june.

All because i went to manchester for a few hours without telling them first.

Because if an appointment is missed without good cause, benefit can be suspended for that 'benefit week', now. Nothing to do with where you were whatsoever.

That is the issue!

No it isn't. What you don't get is that the point is that you missed an interview. It doesn't matter why, where, with whom or doing what. If it is not deemed as being in 'good cause', then a sanction can be applied.

It has nothing to do with my appointment, people miss appointments all the time, things happen, things come up. People cant make it, sometimes its their own fault, other times it is due to things they cannot control.

I signed on at 9am the following morning. There was no problem with that.

Just get that into your head please. They are not disputing me because i signed on late, they are disputing me because i left sheffield and that means i was not available for work between 10.30am and 4.30pm on wednesday the 16th of june.

Nope. It has absolutely everything to do with the fact that you missed your interview/appointment/signing on day.

Absolutely everything.

And you're completely wrong.

but nobody can argue with you because your a moderator and you will just close the post or delete the thread.

anyway

this is my last post on the thread and most likely the forum.

anyone who has had dealings with the job centre will know what i am on about. and if you go get the booklets yourself and read them. you will see i am right.

arguing with you or anyone else about this is a waste of time. the "decision maker" will make his decision regardless of what i do or say. the odds are they will rule in my favor, if they have an ounce of common sense.

thanks to all those who showed support and gave advise / contact information.

as for all the people who just like to bash the unemployed. i hope you dont find yourself in the same situation as millions of people currently are in.

but nobody can argue with you because your a moderator and you will just close the post or delete the thread.

anyway

anyone who has had dealings with the job centre will know what i am on about. and if you go get the booklets yourself and read them. you will see i am right.

arguing with you or anyone else about this is a waste of time. the "decision maker" will make his decision regardless of what i do or say. the odds are they will rule in my favor, if they have an ounce of common sense.

as for all the people who just like to bash the unemployed. i hope you dont find yourself in the same situation as millions of people currently are in.

hope you get this resolved, and good luck in finding suitable employment :)

anyway

Not at all Ben. I speak from professional experience. What you have said simply isn't true. You do not have to inform Jobcentre Plus of when you leave your home town/city/village/tent.

No. Oddly, I used to work in the team which deals with the national publication of publicity material for Jobcentre Plus. You are wrong.

I reckon you're right, especially as you called the office concerned.

When did I bash the unemployed? I spend most of my time sticking up for them, ironically. You are, however, fundamentally wrong in your assertion about leaving your home town.

Obviously happyhippy the only thing that is going to convince you that to be unemployed is to be treated like sh*t is firsthand experience.

You never know, the cuts cometh...

Who says I work there? Who says I haven't been unemployed in my adult life?

Happy it does say if you are going away from home for even a day then you need to inform the jobcentre, although if you have a mobile on you and can still be contacted I don't see how they can begrude him helping his gran out. He can't be expected to sit in and hope that today is the day he gets a call for a job. The unemployed need a life too!.

Archived