I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

My dad once was out of work he was self employed and he was stuffed! Apparently he had paid B, C and D contributions but no A...so he wasnt entitled to JSA!

Great seeing as he was 47 and worked all he could up to then!!!!

Happy it does say if you are going away from home for even a day then you need to inform the jobcentre, although if you have a mobile on you and can still be contacted I don't see how they can begrude him helping his gran out. He can't be expected to sit in and hope that today is the day he gets a call for a job. The unemployed need a life too!.

Really? I googled "going away from home, even if it is for a day", and found two fake sites, and this site. Tell me where you saw it.

You do not have to say where you are at all. What you have to do is show, upon request, that you have fulfilled the requirements to receive Jobseeker's Allowance.

Nope. It says that you must actively seek work. That doesn't mean that you have to trawl every place where jobs may be available 24 hours a day, but that you have to have taken reasonable steps to secure employment.

In no way, shape or form does it say that you have to inform a Jobcentre of your whereabouts, unless you are in a position whereby the claim to benefit would be breached.

These aren't bail conditions, you know!

Nope. It says that you must actively seek work. That doesn't mean that you have to trawl every place where jobs may be available 24 hours a day, but that you have to have taken reasonable steps to secure employment.

In no way, shape or form does it say that you have to inform a Jobcentre of your whereabouts, unless you are in a position whereby the claim to benefit would be breached.

These aren't bail conditions, you know!

I don't think you should have been so quick to jump down the OP's throat. You're the one who's wrong. I have the booklet in front of me now, it states; "you must tell us immediately if you change your address or are going away from home, EVEN IF IT IS FOR A DAY"

Right there in black and white.

i really cant be bothered with this post anymore.

ive said all i need to say.

Don't let the oh so perfect knockers drive you away from the forum ben and hope you have a satisfactory outcome to your problem.

Some of em should remember that they can be right some of the time but not ALL of the time and that the halo's that they wear might one day slip.....and strangle them.

Archived