I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

My dad once was out of work he was self employed and he was stuffed! Apparently he had paid B, C and D contributions but no A...so he wasnt entitled to JSA!

Great seeing as he was 47 and worked all he could up to then!!!!

He wouldn't be entitled to contribution based JSA, because that is only available to people who pay sufficient class 1 NI contributions, which is essentially employees.

He would be entitled to non-contribution based JSA, subject to meeting the other requirements for the benefit.

I'm sorry but I just have to say that I find it disgusting that some people can unfairly butcher a new member to the point where they no longer want to be a part of the forum.

Butchered?

The OP was sensationalising his post to prove a point, despite evidence to the contrary. Oh and a little name calling by the OP too.

Really? I googled "going away from home, even if it is for a day", and found two fake sites, and this site. Tell me where you saw it.

You do not have to say where you are at all. What you have to do is show, upon request, that you have fulfilled the requirements to receive Jobseeker's Allowance.

I will tell you where i saw it right in front of my eyes FORM ES40JP PAGE 4 ITEM 6

Change address or are going away from home even if its for a day

unless of course this is fake as well

Butchered?

The OP was sensationalising his post to prove a point, despite evidence to the contrary. Oh and a little name calling by the OP too.

He wasn't sensationalising it at all. It DOES state you have to inform them if you are going away for even a day and the people at the jobcentre ARE idiots. Everything he said is true, yet some people will still find a way to have a go.

Obviously happyhippy the only thing that is going to convince you that to be unemployed is to be treated like sh*t is firsthand experience.

You never know, the cuts cometh...

Yes and when the cuts come and Ian Duncan Smith starts having an impact the service to the unemployed will only get worse.

He wasn't sensationalising it at all. It DOES state you have to inform them if you are going away for even a day and the people at the jobcentre ARE idiots. Everything he said is true, yet some people will still find a way to have a go.

Glad to see you don't generalise and base everything on facts. I'm afraid the OP needs to take responsibility for his own actions when claiming benefit, rather than vilifying the members of staff for doing their job, which doesn't mean someone is an idiot.

Glad to see you don't generalise and base everything on facts. I'm afraid the OP needs to take responsibility for his own actions when claiming benefit, rather than vilifying the members of staff for doing their job, which doesn't mean someone is an idiot.

Okay, forget generalisations, I'll speak from experience; any time I've had to deal with the jobcentre I've been screwed around with and treated sub-human, yet if you make any sort of mistake they're all over you like a fat kid on a doughnut. For example, if you're 10 minutes late you get a bollocking, yet any time I've been down for an appointment I've never been seen on time, they regularly keep you waiting for up to half an hour and then don't even offer you an apology.

No sensationalism, just facts from experience.

The system is a joke, before xmas I was unfortunate not to be working, however I worked one day and filled the form in giving all the information except for how much I was getting as I did not know till the week after. The following week I went and gave all the details how much I was paid stopped etc. I then received a letter saying that as I was now working and not unemployed even though they had the details saying it was one days work. I had a hell of a job sorting it out, I managed to get through to someone with some clout as a friend said ask for such a person and was told in future I would have to fill a form in saying that I hadn't worked at all and it would be clear then.:loopy: What is the point when you fill a form in saying you have worked and given the details, as I said to the man on the phone its incompetence why fill a form in saying you haven't worked when they already have one filled in saying you had worked and he said it makes it clear?:loopy:

they regularly keep you waiting for up to half an hour and then don't even offer you an apology.

No sensationalism, just facts from experience.

Probably because they are too busy seeing people that couldn’t make their scheduled time :roll: come on lets be fair one commitment every other week its not asking too much is it.

Archived