I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

He is claiming dole money etc etc but can afford to travel to manchester and back just for shopping with gran mother, i am sure she will not strave if she goes next day or dau before, shouldnt idiot like that be kick out of the system, if you cant even plan such a simple task, what type of job are you capable of doing apart from 'do you want to go large with your meal' kind of job

Victoria22 you have my sympathy. it must be awful to be so bitter and uncaring that you have no feelings for others.

nee-eek, maybe some of the other jobseekers know that for a variety of reasons many of the jobs on the computers at jobcenter are not worth having.

The jc do not vet the jobs and many of them are scams. I know people who have gotten jobs via jc only to find at the end of the month they have not been paid. They complain to the jc who are unable to help, but then they find the same job readvertised week after week.

He is claiming dole money etc etc but can afford to travel to manchester and back just for shopping with gran mother, i am sure she will not strave if she goes next day or dau before, shouldnt idiot like that be kick out of the system, if you cant even plan such a simple task, what type of job are you capable of doing apart from 'do you want to go large with your meal' kind of job

i didnt pay a penny

the only benefit i get is 50 quid a week, its hard enough to eat and pay bills on that without taking into consideration things like hair cuts, and travel expenses to get you to job interviews etc... i have to rely on generousity of family to get me to job interviews.

I have been signing on and the majority of people do not look at the job points, they either stand there or spend the time on their mobile phones. I am reasonably sure that most of those people were not on the internet earlier looking at the JCP website searchng for work!

yeah ive noticed this too

it is true that most people will search the website at home, but to be honest i dont care what other people do

the first thing i do is go on the job points, its the best part about the job centre!

having all the jobs in sheffield listed in one big list, much better than trying to search for specific jobs on the website.

I've never had to sign on so just bear with me...

From that £50 per week what do you need to pay for?

I know you're rent will be paid separately, what about gas/electric/water rates etc..

Is that the normal job seekers allowance?

I'm not surprised you are struggling. Food must be a large part of that which means just normal expenses which we take for granted such as a hair cut or just having a couple of pints with your mates have to be curtailed.

I've never had to sign on so just bear with me...

From that £50 per week what do you need to pay for?

I know you're rent will be paid separately, what about gas/electric/water rates etc..

Is that the normal job seekers allowance?

I'm not surprised you are struggling. Food must be a large part of that which means just normal expenses which we take for granted such as a hair cut or just having a couple of pints with your mates have to be curtailed.

if i was unlucky enough not to have any family to help, i would get the following benefits:

-rent paid

-council tax paid

-£50 per week JSA

so if i did not have family, i would have to pay for all the costs listed above, plus gas, electric, water etc...

i really dont know how people manage it. they must be in a loads of debt, or they just dont pay the bills.

What about cycling into town? I'm sure if you advertise on Freecycle you could get a free bike if you haven't got one already.

Bummer about the Gym membership. Can you transfer it to someone else, maybe sell the membership? Or will they freeze the membership until you have a job?

I bought a set of hair clippers cheap last year and they paid for themselves in a few months. Just a thought.

What about cycling into town? I'm sure if you advertise on Freecycle you could get a free bike if you haven't got one already.

Bummer about the Gym membership. Can you transfer it to someone else, maybe sell the membership? Or will they freeze the membership until you have a job?

I bought a set of hair clippers cheap last year and they paid for themselves in a few months. Just a thought.

im not sure to be honest, i dont have anyone to transfer it too. and no they wont freeze the membership.

if i get chance i will buy some clippers, lol

as for a bike, its an option i guess, long way , but an option lol

don’t go on a jolly when you are supposed to be signing on.

Quite right. It's job seekers allowance. The OP is being paid to look for work in Sheffield. If they go to Manchester they are therefore not looking for work in Sheffield and should not be paid for doing so.

Archived