I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

did they try stopping your payments like they are me? or did they just make a fuss then back down?

Just made a fuss. They mentioned the possibility of stopping payments but if I remember correctly it only took about 4 local staff to decide it wasn't a problem.

They had an issue with how long it had taken me to get back from the interview to the job centre.

I hated the whole experience and luckily it was only for a few months after university. I would be reluctant to get JSA in future unless it was absolutely necessary to survive.

They were also never very happy that I was looking for a particular type of job, the fact I had spent 6 years after school studying didn't seem to be important, I should still have applied for unskilled positions.

im afraid i am not

here is the quote from the one of the many booklets they give you

the staff can interpret that how ever they want. i would not class a 1 hours drive to manchester "going away from home for the day". i was only gone a few hours.

You missed your interview because you chose to do something else. Your entitlement to benefit depends on compliance with the regulations. i.e Attending as notified. So a decision has to be made to your entitlement because you didn't attend as required.

Despite all your pontificating about the intelligence of the Job Centre staff and their willingness to follow regulations. There's only one person responsible for your situation.

BTW....It isn't your Grandma

You missed your interview because you chose to do something else. Your entitlement to benefit depends on compliance with the regulations. i.e Attending as notified. So a decision has to be made to your entitlement because you didn't attend as required.

Despite all your pontificating about the intelligence of the Job Centre staff and their willingness to follow regulations. There's only one person responsible for your situation.

BTW....It isn't your Grandma

Right... lets just say the bus that i normally get to the job centre didnt turn up, and i miss my appointment? despite the fact i set off on time etc... as normal, i didnt control the fact the bus didnt turn up...

Just as with my situation i did not control the fact the motorway then the parkway were jammed. I set off with plenty of time to get back, it was unforeseen circumstances that stopped me getting to the job centre on time, not the fact i chose to go help an old lady.

You must work at the job centre or something. Idiot.

The problem the job centre have with me, the reason they are disputing my claim for JSA is not because i could not make my sign on time, its because i did not tell them i was "going away from home" for a few hours. That is the issue here.

It's training for when you get a job. I should imagine that an employer would be pretty cross if you didn't turn up for a meeting at a specified time as you were taking your granny shopping and got held up.

To the OP. Did you make it back to sheffield at such a time you could have made it into the job center to sign?.

I have been told time and time again that as long as i get to the job center on the day i am due to sign there not really bothered. Did they use the word treat?.

A "treat" is what is classed as a domestic emergency in which you cannot get to the job center. If your family member required your help and had no other means of gathering essentials for her wellbeing, health or otherwise then you may well be able to argue this was a domestic emergency and as such you are entitled to i think 4 of these per annum. During the winter weather i was stuck in stocksbridge and had no problems, and have done so in the past when a partner was sick.

She didn't have blonde hair and appear to be in her early 40's by any chance?.

From what i have been told by staff at the job center all stage 3 workers or those extended interviewer staff are facing the axe in the coming benefit shakeup and to be honest i won't shed a tear.

Yes there are those abusing the system, but the ones that are not are being abused by the system.

It's training for when you get a job. I should imagine that an employer would be pretty cross if you didn't turn up for a meeting at a specified time as you were taking your granny shopping and got held up.

Lol, Bait not taken.

Anyone with common sense can see what a stupid statement you have just made.

If i was working, I would have not been asked to go help out.

Lol, Bait not taken.

Anyone with common sense can see what a stupid statement you have just made.

If i was working, I would have not been asked to go help out.

So why were you asked to help out on the one day when you have something to do?

God, i hope the tories BUTCHER the public sector... or at least butcher the job centre. They dont need all those useless staff and all this box ticking, they need to start the whole benefits system from scratch.

RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, then you won't get any benefits whatsoever :loopy:

To the OP. Did you make it back to sheffield at such a time you could have made it into the job center to sign?.

I have been told time and time again that as long as i get to the job center on the day i am due to sign there not really bothered. Did they use the word treat?.

A "treat" is what is classed as a domestic emergency in which you cannot get to the job center. If your family member required your help and had no other means of gathering essentials for her wellbeing, health or otherwise then you may well be able to argue this was a domestic emergency and as such you are entitled to i think 4 of these per annum. During the winter weather i was stuck in stocksbridge and had no problems, and have done so in the past when a partner was sick.

She didn't have blonde hair and appear to be in her early 40's by any chance?.

From what i have been told by staff at the job center all stage 3 workers or those extended interviewer staff are facing the axe in the coming benefit shakeup and to be honest i won't shed a tear.

Yes there are those abusing the system, but the ones that are not are being abused by the system.

I made it back to sheffield at half 4. Thats the time i was on the park way, and it was jammed up because of an accident with the motorbike.

I was heading towards the city centre to go to the job centre. My appointment was at 4:15. The job centre closes at 5, and the last person they see is at 4:45 (thats what i was told yesterday)

Yeah, then you won't get any benefits whatsoever :loopy:

I wont need them soon. I already have a job offer, i just cant accept it til i wait for the results of a test i did come back.

There will still be benefits for people who need them after the tories make their cuts. You will just apply for them in a different hopefully more efficient way.

Archived