I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

you should have gone to manchester on another day not like your doing much are you

Does not matter when i went to manchester, the issue is that i didnt tell the job centre i was leaving sheffield.

If they ever found out another way (if i went on a non sign on day) then i would still be in this situation.

The only reason they found out this time is because of my honesty. I could have easily lied and said i was ill or something. But im not a liar. I didnt think it would be an issue.

Another turned into a bash the unemployed thread

I am on JSA so must be classed as a scrounger even though it was 1975 when i last signed on 34 yrs two jobs 55 on scrapheap

So let the insults roll

Hope you find a job mate:thumbsup:

I am only in my early 20s, but i am shocked at how employers seem to treat the more mature worker.

You should get down to BnQ, they seem to be the only ones who like to hire older workers with wisdom and experience.

Its a perfect system. Get the experienced workers to come in and kick the young guys into touch, sharing the knowledge and wisdom.

Instead most employers seem to be totally writing off older workers. It makes no sense to me seen as older workers generally have a better attitude towards work. They will work harder, be more reliable etc...

Does not matter when i went to manchester, the issue is that i didnt tell the job centre i was leaving sheffield.

If they ever found out another way (if i went on a non sign on day) then i would still be in this situation.

The only reason they found out this time is because of my honesty. I could have easily lied and said i was ill or something. But im not a liar. I didnt think it would be an issue.

It’s got nothing to do with leaving Sheffield it’s about the fact that you didn’t sign on at the designated time.

My brother was told going for an interview wasn’t a good enough reason to miss signing on …………… good job he got the job he went to the interview for. :hihi:

It’s got nothing to do with leaving Sheffield it’s about the fact that you didn’t sign on at the designated time.

My brother was told going for an interview wasn’t a good enough reason to miss signing on …………… good job he got the job he went to the interview for. :hihi:

Well im not even going to respond properly to this.

You clearly havnt read my other posts.

Another turned into a bash the unemployed thread

I am on JSA so must be classed as a scrounger even though it was 1975 when i last signed on 34 yrs two jobs 55 on scrapheap

So let the insults roll

Chin up mi-owd, been there done that, got the T-shirt, I was made redundant after 30 years with the same employer ………… 15 months doing agency work before getting a “proper” job.

Ah but I have :hihi:, if you sign on at the right time they couldn’t give a monkeys about your movements, not being in Sheffield is a red herring, if you have a mobile you are contactable wherever you are.

Then why are they not disputing my claim because i couldnt make my appointment?

Archived