I would not wish unemployment on anybody!

How about not going to Manchester on his signing on day. :thumbsup:

the point is he didn't miss the appointment because he went on a jolly he missed it because of a run in bad luck with traffic, it could of been a case of getting the bus and it broke down, or a road accident that left him in grid-lock, oh no wait there was a motor bike on fire in the road in sheffield not manchester :suspect:

the point is he didn't miss the appointment because he went on a jolly he missed it because of a run in bad luck with traffic, it could of been a case of getting the bus and it broke down, or a road accident that left him in grid-lock, oh no wait there was a motor bike on fire in the road in sheffield not manchester :suspect:

As I said from the start the trip was a red herring it all come down to the missed slot regardless of how it happened.

As I said from the start the trip was a red herring it all come down to the missed slot regardless of how it happened.

the post is about how the job centre is run and how it treats people.

and yes your right, if i made the appointment (if i did not go to manchester, or i did not hit traffic)... then they would never have known i left sheffield, and would not be using this to try stopping my money.

but i am not a prisoner, if i want to go to manchester on my sign day, i can do so. i had plenty of time to get back, unless of course i hit 2 loads of heavy traffic, firstly on the motorway, then on sheffield parkway.

Exactly, well said Ben. Those who are criticising you must be fortunate enough to have had no dealings with people at the job centre, or are the 'untouchables' who get away with all sorts of dishonest behaviour.

So how shocking was it?

You failed to attend your appointment

A) They asked you why

B) You gave your reasons why

C) They sent your evidence to an independent decision maker...(please note 'independent') for a decision on your entitlement.

So how shocking was it?

You failed to attend your appointment

A) They asked you why

B) You gave your reasons why

C) They sent your evidence to an independent decision maker...(please note 'independent') for a decision on your entitlement.

You just cannot seem to grasp what i am saying.

The issue they have with me has nothing to do with my sign on appointment.

The problem they have is that i left sheffield without letting them know where i was going. They want to know if you leave sheffield regardless of whether its your sign on day or not.

They are questioning whether i was available for work for the period between the 10th of june and the 16th of june.

All because i went to manchester for a few hours without telling them first.

That is the issue!

It has nothing to do with my appointment, people miss appointments all the time, things happen, things come up. People cant make it, sometimes its their own fault, other times it is due to things they cannot control.

I signed on at 9am the following morning. There was no problem with that.

Just get that into your head please. They are not disputing me because i signed on late, they are disputing me because i left sheffield and that means i was not available for work between 10.30am and 4.30pm on wednesday the 16th of june.

They are not disputing me because i signed on late, they are disputing me because i left sheffield and that means i was not available for work between 10.30am and 4.30pm on wednesday the 16th of june.

Because that's the reason you gave for failing to attend. the same action would have been taken if you'd been for example arrested, drunk in a pub or sunbathing in a park.

Does not matter when i went to manchester, the issue is that i didnt tell the job centre i was leaving sheffield.

If they ever found out another way (if i went on a non sign on day) then i would still be in this situation.

The only reason they found out this time is because of my honesty. I could have easily lied and said i was ill or something. But im not a liar. I didnt think it would be an issue.

people go to spain for a week and never get caught ;)

Archived