Can you cancel your holiday to America if the beach is covered in oil?

Odd , Tony Hayward dosen't seem to know that :suspect:

ANyhow just another excuse for another Yankie bashing thread....get over it, you'll have to stay wher you are...can't live here :hihi:

Why would we want to? The way things are going over there you lot will be taking your weekly baths in an Castrol GTX :hihi:

Odd , Tony Hayward dosen't seem to know that :suspect:

ANyhow just another excuse for another Yankie bashing thread....get over it, you'll have to stay wher you are...can't live here :hihi:

Same old same old, Poppins. Why bother. Next it'll be late 1941, or that we don't speak the Queen's English, or we're all fat (I'm not). It goes on and on with dreary monotony. Can you remeber your days in Sheffield, especially a rainy Sunday. It was the drabbest city in England, Manchester was like paradise compared.

Lilke you say we won't let them live here:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I live in California, and I can say there literally seems to be no end to some of the foolish, rude, loud, ignorant, clueless, sometimes dangerous and postitively disgusting things I see foreign tourists doing in public. No end. You want to cut people some slack because they are in another country and they are on vacation...but my gosh.

As for the op, I sincerely hope your holiday isn't completely ruined. Can you maybe go somewhere else? I don't think postponing your trip will help. Those beaches are going to be mucked up for quite awhile to come.

Oil is starting to affect Florida beaches. If you have a holiday booked there can you cancel and expect to get a refund?

I was listening to the radio today and the American's are getting very upset about Brits cancelling holidays to Florida and Louisiana, but people I know who have recently returned from the states got abuse from Americans simply for being British.

Much of Florida is fine and open for business. I believe only the Florida panhandle (Pensacola, Panama City area) is being affected at this time. But I would think anyone who had a holiday booked in an affected area should be allowed to cancel and perhaps rebook to another destination either in the States or somewhere else.

If you have had friends who have been abused while in the States I must apologize on behalf of my ignorant fellow Americans. I can't get a grasp of why Obama is doing this Brit bashing thing. Is it because his father was tortured at the hands of the British as he claims in his book, is it because he hates Gordon Brown for consistently blaming America for the current financial crisis? I just don't know but I can tell you any American with any sense (and there are quite a few of us) knows that Obama is trying to demonize BP and by association, Britain. We know there are many players to share the blame, namely Transocean, Halliburton, Cameron International and the US government itself.

But we're not stupid enough to live in Britain any more

Unfortunately it's a sad fact of life that every country is blighted by their own idiotic vocal minority, don't become part of your countries. You've always seemed like decent chap.

Archived