Can you cancel your holiday to America if the beach is covered in oil?

After sitting through around 4 hours and 20 mins of the movie Gettysburg, I feel like I've been there.
Not the same at all.I've been priveleged to go there many times while working in that part of Pennsylvania. Walking the mile across from Seminary ridge to Cemetary ridge where Picket made his last charge on the third day is eerie. So many died there.

... Have you ever been to Gettysburg?:)

'Fraid not. - I've only been to PA once and that was over 20 years ago.

I used to spend a great deal of time in the Vicksburg Battlefield (it was one of the few places where you could walk without getting run over/bitten by the locals.) (There were still plenty of the biting kind around, but they weren't as much of a problem as the kind on 4 wheels. ;))

Looking at the terrain over which the opposing sides fought, life must've been pretty grim during the siege.

:nono: Now be carefull Harleyman, someone might tell you to shut yur rotten gob :o

It's like this poppins. when some makes an inane remark such as "speaking a sort of English" I just have to wonder how their minds work.

What's a sort of English?

Rubydazzler says we dont speak English at all. Just American :loopy:

Strange minds work in strange ways I guess :rolleyes:

It's like this poppins. when some makes an inane remark such as "speaking a sort of English" I just have to wonder how their minds work.

What's a sort of English?

Rubydazzler says we dont speak English at all. Just American :loopy:

Strange minds work in strange ways I guess :rolleyes:

If you listen to most of the language spoken today everybody speaks American, whether they like it or not. When they talk about ball park figures and such they're talking about Fenway, not Wembley.:) Gimme a break, rubydazzler.

A typical British couple visiting Disneyland "Look a that silly tw@t dressed as a mouse"

A typical American couple visiting Disneyland "My god martha, look at the size of that mouse"

Back to the OP i would say no.

A typical British couple visiting Disneyland "Look a that silly tw@t dressed as a mouse"

A typical American couple visiting Disneyland "My god martha, look at the size of that mouse"

Back to the OP i would say no.

Dont say much for their intelligence do it? Spending all that money on plane fares. hotels and food just to bad mouth poor old Mickey.

They could have gone to Skeggy instead and sat in a B & B hoping the bloody rain would stop long enough to go for a quick walk on the Promenade :hihi:

Dont say much for their intelligence do it? Spending all that money on plane fares. hotels and food just to bad mouth poor old Mickey.

They could have gone to Skeggy instead and sat in a B & B hoping the bloody rain would stop long enough to go for a quick walk on the Promenade :hihi:

Well I would sooner walk in the rain in Florida than Skeggy anyday!

Roll on August, when we will be meeting Mickey, swimming with dolphins, and dining in Hogwarts!

Jayne

Archived