Noisy child thrown off bus (plymouth)

With a child that young, sometimes its hard to stop them from crying, especially if they're uncomfortable and too hot. No doubt the mother was hot and flustered too, especially since she is pregnant.

If it was an older child and they're making noise for no real reason, and misbehaving, maybe yes it would be reasonable to ask the mother/guardian to make the child shut up.

With a child that young, sometimes its hard to stop them from crying, especially if they're uncomfortable and too hot. No doubt the mother was hot and flustered too, especially since she is pregnant.

If it was an older child and they're making noise for no real reason, and misbehaving, maybe yes it would be reasonable to ask the mother/guardian to make the child shut up.

I accept that with a child of that age it can be difficult especially if everyone is hot, tired and stressed. On the other hand though I do think the driver was right to ask them to leave the bus if the child was just screeching and yelling to an extent that he was strugling to concentrate - I think that when people are playing really loud music etc as well they should be asked to leave, but I suppose those people are more likely to be sat further back on the bus and maybe be less of a distraction to the driver.

Too often have I wished the drivers of buses to have the guts to challenge badly behaved people on buses... It may be that this woman tried her utmost to silence her kid, but it may well not be the case, as it seems noone stood up for her at the time -if there had been someone to witness this, and agree with her I'm sure they'd have been interviewed, or at least mentioned...

I bet that kid will be silenced pretty quick if she ever has a warning on public transport again!

The child was hot and bothered and wanted to get out - well why not get him out of his buggy? I always get shown up by my darling 2 year old screaming to get out so I get him out, it shuts him up because he then annoys everyone else by touching them and talking jibberish to them but people take it in their stride.

I was going to say, the driver shouldnt be in a job like that but in all honesty, she should have got him out. Pregnant or not, everyone has their bad days but being a mother consists of bad/good/terrible/brilliant days, you just, well get on with it. Bit of a stupid thing to report on (not the op, bbc) because common sense fails again really doesnt it?

The child was hot and bothered and wanted to get out - well why not get him out of his buggy? I always get shown up by my darling 2 year old screaming to get out so I get him out, it shuts him up because he then annoys everyone else by touching them and talking jibberish to them but people take it in their stride.

I was going to say, the driver shouldnt be in a job like that but in all honesty, she should have got him out. Pregnant or not, everyone has their bad days but being a mother consists of bad/good/terrible/brilliant days, you just, well get on with it. Bit of a stupid thing to report on (not the op, bbc) because common sense fails again really doesnt it?

Gina I :love: U!

I had a giggle about this at work...I said that my lew was fine as long as he sat on a proper seat looking out of the window..thing is he yells!!! GRREEEEENNNN GGGGOOOOOO at every green traffic light (he goes red yelling) and if it is red he chants GREEN GREEEN GREEN until it does then shouts GO GO GO!

Hmmmmm

Then theres also BUS! TRAM! dog cocking leg up a lamp post! :hihi:

Archived