Government announces that free Swimming for Pensioners and Kids to end!

Absolutely wrong.

There have to be cuts, but the Con-Dems can choose exactly what to cut and by how much.

In this case, I think that they are correct. They made a mess of several other decisions yesterday.

the cuts yesterday were always going to happen ,as sheffield is not a tory heartland ,and i suppose you could argue that the government was sticking two fingers up to labour voters in the city.

as for the swimming lessons , its a correct decision ,as they are much more vital areas where finance needs directing.

Why can't everyone just expect to pay a reasonable rate for all their leisure activities?

I propose that the swimming baths should drastically reduce their current rates for off peak activities - the prices have put me off using the facilities.

as for the swimming lessons , its a correct decision ,as they are much more vital areas where finance needs directing.

I'm not sure how you can reach that conclusion without access to all the relevant information.

For example do you know how much it costs the NHS to treat kids who suffer from Health problems that an hours swimming a day would have prevented, or do you know how much it will cost on putting Swimming Pool staff on the dole as a consequence of this.

If you do then please share this with us as I sure as hell can't find this information to help me make the call.

In the meantime I would state a preference for keeping this facility available as opposed to giving the rich some tax back.

However, what with this and the cancellation of the Forge Master loan and much much more, the coalition government might soon be in a position to end the 50p tax rate for high earners.

Hopefully so, since reducing it would lead to an increase in the tax take.

the cuts yesterday were always going to happen ,as sheffield is not a tory heartland ,and i suppose you could argue that the government was sticking two fingers up to labour voters in the city.

Unfortunately the cuts will affect all voters across the city not just those wise enough to have voted Labour.

I'm not sure how you can reach that conclusion without access to all the relevant information.

For example do you know how much it costs the NHS to treat kids who suffer from Health problems that an hours swimming a day would have prevented

you could argue that an hours walking or jogging would have the same benefits for these kids, and they are activitys that can be done anytime without having to use subsidised swimming pools .

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I'd rather my money went on providing this facility than on giving tax back to the rich.

But each to their own I suppose!

There is no money left. Labour spent it all. Get it? Of course you don't.

Archived