Government announces that free Swimming for Pensioners and Kids to end!

There is no money left. Labour spent it all. Get it? Of course you don't.

Oh I think there is lad, the country is worth 9 trillion so I think it could afford £140 million to keep this afloat (pardon the pun).

Oh I think there is lad, the country is worth 9 trillion so I think it could afford £140 million to keep this afloat (pardon the pun).

Doesn't matter what you think its worth. It's how much you spend that matters and the Labour Monkeys have been spending too much. More than they have taken in tax. It was plain idiocy. Any fule no

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I'd rather my money went on providing this facility than on giving tax back to the rich.

But each to their own I suppose!

You see this post exemplifies leftist economic thinking, in all it's flawed, ugly glory.

If you tax someone less you are not giving them anything - you just take less of what was theirs in the first place. You on the other hand seem to think you have the right to dip your hand into the pockets of anyone you deem "wealthy", to pay for things you like.

To be quite honest, if I wanted my children to go swimming/have swimming lessons when they were younger then I accepted that I , as a parent would have to pay for that.

If, as a parent I couldn't afford for them to have that at the time, then they wouldn't have gone to the swimming baths . I would have taken them out to one of our glorious parks that we have all over Sheffield, which costs nothing.

Parents have to take responsibility for the health and wellbeing of their own children. It costs nothing to keep fit and healthy.

As a council tax payer, I would not have wanted my council tax to go up so that other peoples children can go swimming for free.

That is my opinion.

In a Company that I worked for recently we had a project that encouraged children under a certain age to go to their local baths for taster sessions that were free. We needed to get a certain number attending to make the session viable due to the cost of closing the swimming pool, paying staff etc.

We had to cancel it in the end due to the fact that only a small amount of children attended, despite the fact that we had advertised the sessions extensively.

It seemed such a good idea to me to help promote Health amongst the young and to reward those that have worked all their lives with a nice free activity.

Well the new Government has decided to take this away from them as shown in the link.

A bit galling to these people to know that they’ve lost this facility so that the well-off can get their next set of tax breaks.

Cheers Nick for helping the nasty party get this implemented.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10343421.stm

I pay for my gym membership without moaning, why cant anybody else?

There isn't any money wonder where it went?
ask the lib/con local councils who asked for the money they knew the government didnt have to give them . labour might have been foolish in giving them the money they didnt have . libdem/con local councils must also share the blame for taking this money

I pay for my gym membership without moaning, why cant anybody else?

Because they can't afford it? Read the title "kids, pensioners". Unless you just like to moan about moaners.

I pay for my flying lessons, why can't anybody else? I pay for my 30 bedroom house, why can't anybody else?

There are certain sections of our society that are vulnerable. £3 is a lot of money to many in our society. Promoting health and fitness actually has a knock on effect, financially too.

I agree that the argument for cuts at this present time is probably a valid one, but to be fair I'd rather see fines increased for speeders to fill the gap. Their the one's that tend to moan when caught. :hihi:

It seemed such a good idea to me to help promote Health amongst the young and to reward those that have worked all their lives with a nice free activity.

Well the new Government has decided to take this away from them as shown in the link.

A bit galling to these people to know that they’ve lost this facility so that the well-off can get their next set of tax breaks.

Cheers Nick for helping the nasty party get this implemented.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10343421.stm

Did the folk of Sheffield ever get the free swimming sessions? I'm sure Sheffield was one of the few places that didn't implement it.

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I'd rather my money went on providing this facility than on giving tax back to the rich.

But each to their own I suppose!

Maybe you didn't hear, but tax is going up as well.

And it appears that the majority of people who would have taken advantage of the scheme would pay to swim anyway.

Archived