Government announces that free Swimming for Pensioners and Kids to end!

ask the lib/con local councils who asked for the money they knew the government didnt have to give them . labour might have been foolish in giving them the money they didnt have . libdem/con local councils must also share the blame for taking this money

I'm not sure you really understand how council funding works.

They don't have to ask, and they don't get what they want. The funding is worked out in the main via a formula and what they are given is what they get.

Oh I think there is lad, the country is worth 9 trillion so I think it could afford £140 million to keep this afloat (pardon the pun).

Yeah, if you plan to sell everyone's houses to pay for it.

How many times does someone have to explain what this value means? :loopy:

Yeah, if you plan to sell everyone's houses to pay for it.

How many times does someone have to explain what this value means? :loopy:

Its a bit like a goldfish, another lap of the bowl and the mind is wiped blank again.

Do you know if you sold everyone's fish tanks in the UK you would probably have enough money to pay for swimming for pensioners?

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I'd rather my money went on providing this facility than on giving tax back to the rich.

But each to their own I suppose!

What about the rich pensioners and the children of rich people? Do you mind giving your tax money back to them by providing free swimming?

Oh I think there is lad, the country is worth 9 trillion so I think it could afford £140 million to keep this afloat (pardon the pun).

The same old **** from the one trick pony. You can’t help yourself can you, no matter how many times people show how stupid your claim is, you still repeat it every month.

The figure was $9 trillion not £, so somewhere in the region of £7 trillion and that was over 3 years ago before the recession. To top it off, more than half that worth was based on the value of people’s mortgages.

You seem to think that if the country is valued at X, then we must have that cash lying around somewhere. Are you 5 years old as you seem to be incapable of handling any form of logical train of thought?

Lastly, this is my standard response to whenever titanic makes these stupid claims:

LIES:

Originally Posted by Titanic99

Equal share of 9 Trillion is quite a lot though!!

FACTS:

UK wealth topped out at 7 Trillion in 2007. This is before the recession.

56% of that wealth was made up the value of housing in the UK. It is not liquid wealth.

Read the real information here and do not be taken in by Titanic’s lies.

REF: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=479

The same old **** from the one trick pony. You can’t help yourself can you, no matter how many times people show how stupid your claim is, you still repeat it every month.

The figure was $9 trillion not £, so somewhere in the region of £7 trillion and that was over 3 years ago before the recession. To top it off, more than half that worth was based on the value of people’s mortgages.

You seem to think that if the country is valued at X, then we must have that cash lying around somewhere. Are you 5 years old as you seem to be incapable of handling any form of logical train of thought?

Lastly, this is my standard response to whenever titanic makes these stupid claims:

To be honest he has a much better record than you for getting things right.

I'm not sure you really understand how council funding works.

They don't have to ask, and they don't get what they want. The funding is worked out in the main via a formula and what they are given is what they get.

maybe you are right about my understanding of how council funding works .this cant be said about the people running the council who should know better . if this lot was in charge of running their own business they would be bankrupt very quickly :hihi:

Does he? Prove it.

Well for eg you never tired of telling us over and over again that Labour would be annihilated at the election. This was not the case. They finished 7 points behind the Tories and 6 in ffont of the Lib Dems.

They even managed a swing against the Tories in your beloved Luton! ;)

Archived