Accidents on Kelvin Flats

im sure i can remember this happening to my nans neighbour,the name richard comes to mind,i cant remember how old but i would say around 4,i dont even remember when it was possibly earlyl 70s

Thanks, this may help a little! and i think it might ave been around that time.

Shortly after that incident with the T.V being thrown from several floors up , a work mate of mine (who lived on the top floor of Hyde Park flats ) told me that she saw somebody throw a 3 seater settee from a top floor flat ..:o

having lived on there, sadly, I would certainly believe that an incident like that could/ would happen...

One time, there was an incident where a chap was threatening his girlfriend, and held her by the ankles out of one of the higher story windows... :wow:

I used to live on Bernard Buildings (just at the front of Hyde Park ) One day i was on my balcony looking down onto Old Street ,and i saw an 'owd guy' washing his car (it was his pride & joy ) meanwhile , some guy in an open top sports car parked up 15 /20 yards up the hill from the 'owd guys 'car.

By this time the sports car driver had gone to visit friends, and the 'owd 'un ' had gone into his place for a well earned cuppa....but neither of 'em were aware that some young 'uns who were walking down t' street ,leaned into the sports car ,released the handbrake ,and it rolled down the hill and made a mess of the owd ' uns car .. i also lived on Edith Walk ( Kelvin )and thought that was the best of the 2 areas

I lived on Edith Walk in the late 80's!

I lived on Hyde Park and remember the TV incident, I wrote to Blue Peter about it saying how scared I was and how horrible it was - Ironically they sent me a BP Badge back as a thank you for my letter.

I lived on Edith Walk in the late 80's!

I lived on Hyde Park and remember the TV incident, I wrote to Blue Peter about it saying how scared I was and how horrible it was - Ironically they sent me a BP Badge back as a thank you for my letter.

A blue peter badge for living in a warzone? Interesting! Shame you couldn't use it for an advantage on the housing list! Twycross zoo for free isn't the same as a safe place to live, is it?

it was hyde park flats where the girl [lisa]was killed with the tv set being thrown off the top i lived on the floor above where she lived at the time it was awful i had small kids myself and my heart went out to her family.