Are Iran and Venezuela to be feared or pitied?

On BBC's HARDtalk last night Hugo Chavez stated Iran and Venezuela were being bullied and villified by the US/ UN because they were the last bastions of true social democracy standing against the US's aim for world domination.

Shortly after the program the BBC announced that the US had given warning to Europe that Iran could use missiles against European states at any moment. They also claim that Chavez is a dictator rather than a liberator and that he could supply weapons grade uranium to Iran.

Which of these views is most likely in your opinion?

Can you provide the evidence you most agree with please?

how about erased?

I'm not sure that committing mass genocide is quite the right response whatever the case :loopy:

I agree that it is more complex- I'm hoping people can describe and discuss that complexity so that I can get a better grasp of the situation. I also agree that oil is a big player in this.

i think your referring to armourdinnerjackets ;) speech isn't there some discrepency regarding translation.
There is indeed and it's brought to this poster's attention every time he decides to post his anti Iran diatribe (under whichever user name). We all know it was a mistranslation but it is so convenient that it simply can't be let go for them without seeming to lose the whole argument.

I'm not sure that committing mass genocide is quite the right response whatever the case :loopy:

I agree that it is more complex- I'm hoping people can describe and discuss that complexity so that I can get a better grasp of the situation. I also agree that oil is a big player in this.

:roll:its only genocide if you loose:roll:

Archived