Sheffield 12 Churches and Cemetaries

zakes

How many churches and how many graveyards (cemetaries) are there in Sheffield 12 please? There dunt seem many for an area that size or am I wrong?

Quite a few- google

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rlz=1R2ADSA_enGB349&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sheffield+s12+churches&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=churches&hnear=Sheffield+S12&view=text&ei=5jMcTMidIaP20wTsl9GxDQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CB0QtQMwAA

there's the church on the corner of Hollinsend Road and Ridgeway Road - I think it has a Graveyard.

there's Gleadless Meth, and St Peters on Gleadless Road/ White lane and the United-reformed (non-conformist) church on Hollinsend Road (no Graveyards)

Intake Methodist, (no graveyard)

Intake Cemetery (erm.. ;) a graveyard)

The Latter-Day Saints Church at the top of Occupation Lane (no graveyard)

Christ Church, Hackenthorpe

Frecheville Methodist Church

Saint Cyprian's Church Frecheville

the Catholic Church, by the St John fisher school

There are also a couple of "house church/ pentecostal" type churches that meet in the area. I know of one that meets in Hollinsend Park Pavilion, and there's another one in Hackenthorpe, that is run by the young Australian pastor, Rother Valley Pentecostal, I think it's called.

I'm sure I could be corrected, and told there are even more in that area...

Christ Church on Ridgeway/Hollinsend Road has a grave yard.

Cheers, I was going to put the name "Christ Church", but I wasn't sure if Christ Church Gleadless wasn't the very old church, right down at Heeley, on Gleadless Road.

The methodist church at the top of Seagrave Avenue.Sorry just read post 3

Don't worry. I was trying to "walk" my way around the district, mentally, and see where I could remember the churches being situated.

Remember that some churches and chapels have been demolished, either through structural problems or through disuse, and others are currently under threat. Some cemeteries have closed too and there are not many burials in churchyards--these days so many more people opt for cremation.

Archived