Big jump in my insurance premium for this year - how's yours gone?

Last year I was very happy with NFU which is why I recommended them in this thread.

As I said in my earlier post payments went from £29/month to £25/month.

I've just had my renewal through for 2011 and they have now doubled to £50/month!

I rang up to complain and cancel and they weren't in the least bit surprised or bothered that I was doing that. It's almost as if they don't want to be in the car insurance market any more.

The cheapest I've found online is still over £450 which I consider incredibly high seeing as I'm 48 years old, 7 years no claims bonus and no accidents or convictions to report.

Aviva were the funniest quote. Their advert says you get 3 months free insurance which sounds great. But even with that "bonus", they wanted nearly £1200!! Who on earth would actually take out one of their policies?

I was same with my recommendation Scutts. Mine was £12 a month last year, gone up to £40/month :(

Thieving gets! :hihi:

Try that Moneysupermarket thing SW. Mine went from 40 a month to 12 a month, which is what I'm paying now. I doubt your 'prestige mobile' :) will be as cheap as my pimp mobile, but worth a look. :)

£144 a year. I can smell a funny smell here

Wasn't there something about womens insurance jumping up to be inline with mens insurance due to lots of women shouting about equal rights.

Thats why I would think thats womens have risen but as for mens it must be something to do with the interest rates rising to an all time high.

Archived