Dr Howard Martin questioned yet again.

This G.P has met the long arm of the Law again for assisting terminally ill people to end their suffering.

He practised in County Durham and has stated he administered higher than normal levels of Morphine to those in his care compassionately to speed their passing.

I believe this happened to both my Parents and am thankful that it did(locally,not in his care) and that people like him should be left to do their work and not be treated like another Harold Shipman.

It's about time the Suicide Act was changed to incorporate the care of those suffering and to leave the carers free from the fear of prosecution.

'Voluntary Euthanasia' 'Involuntary Euthanasia'.

Only two letters difference and they are both small letters.

I don't think anybody should be allowed to suffer pain (unless they refuse analgesics and it's a reasoned choice) but I'm a little bit leery about relaxing the rules.

What if it's expensive or inconvenient to keep a patient alive? Is that ever a consideration?

If the rules were relaxed, would that consideration be examined more often?

Archived