How do you stop your child from smoking?

Everyone should try everything once in their youth, including smoking. The biggest incentive for a rebellious teenager to try something is for a parent to tell them not to do it.

So did you invent the 'Helston report' then?

Hmmm. Give it a while longer - of course he might be away, or busy doing other things, but I'm increasingly suspicious that the 'Helston report' doesn't exist.Call me weird, but I'm somewhat disinclined to take anyone seriously if it becomes evident they're saying things that aren't true.

Hmmm. Give it a while longer - of course he might be away, or busy doing other things, but I'm increasingly suspicious that the 'Helston report' doesn't exist.Call me weird, but I'm somewhat disinclined to take anyone seriously if it becomes evident they're saying things that aren't true.

Hi weird. Sorry I can not be online the whole time.

Is it ok if I call you Halibut for the rest of my post? I'm not really keen on name calling.

The Helston report does exist Halibut. I too have looked on the web and can't find it. This does not mean that it does not exist. Perhaps you should broaden your horizons. The internet contains a lot of information, but don't relly on it for everything. I don't mean to teach you to suck eggs, but it might be wise of you to take heed of my advise. ;)

I learned of the Helston report in 2005, an ongoing report of the changes to youth behaviour in transinct to population increase and to social expectants brought about by political change, initiated by Proff C Helston.

I, along with a group of other local business men, whom had previously agreed to take on students for youth training, were invited to take on young people who were less privalaged than most others, or who had a record of bad behaviour.

I agreed to take part in the program, and as part of the course, was invited to a meeting in the central library on Surrey St. I, along with the rest of the candidates, was shown the report as part of the course.

You too can find the report by visiting the library Halibut. Get off the keyboard, Get down to the library, and let me know what you have found out without Google! ;)

awww diddums :hihi::hihi:

Everyone should try everything once in their youth, including smoking. The biggest incentive for a rebellious teenager to try something is for a parent to tell them not to do it.

yeh but twelve is a bit young give him a hidding and stop his pocket money

i think a big part of why juvenile crime is the way it is, is the goverment is so hell bent on telling parents how to bring up there children, ie the ban on smacking now we all know theres a diffrence between a tap on the rump and a punch in the face one is disciplin the other is abuse but so many children threaten there parents with claims of child abuse it leaves the parents unsure of the right route to deal with problems.

an old neighbour of mine had a social worker a teacher and two police officers turn up to her home after her son had said his mum was constantly gripping him with force and throwing things at him.

well i had been there a few times when he had been told to go take a shower and get ready for bed and he'd tell his mum to <removed> and refuse to move so she would grab his arms pull him up and push him of towards the door then throw him his pj's. his fully admited he only did it to get back at his mum for refusing to buy him a psp even after he told them why he had said about his mums actions they still gave her a good telling of and my mates boy was place on a at risk register for 6 months

i personaly feel there's to many do gooders that cant see the difference between abuse and disciplin (most proberly dont have kids of there own) and there cause more and more control over parents and putting the fear of god into them for trying to raise there kids. then in the next breath there screaming the odds about children these days having no respect? seems very messed up

just to add the im talking about was 13 at the time!

I agree with this carly'.

As a parent, you feel like your hands have been tied by a group of do-gooders that have no idea what it is like to be a parent.

A friend of my wife is in a right state because her son of 13 comes home mangled most nights and gives her some really bad abuse. She knows what she wants to do to sort him out, but dare not do it because the lad is boxing clever!

I have been asked on several occassions to go and speak to the lad, but will not. Can you blame me!?

I learned of the Helston report in 2005, an ongoing report of the changes to youth behaviour in transinct to population increase and to social expectants brought about by political change, initiated by Proff C Helston.

Did Professor Helston use those words? I'm just curious as to what "transinct" and "social expectant" mean?

Did Professor Helston use those words? I'm just curious as to what "transinct" and "social expectant" mean?

Yep. Try google. Failing that, get off your bum and visit the library. :)

The exercice will do you good. Hate to have to tell you this, but you look out of shape. A jaundice triangle can't be healthy!

Archived