How do you stop your child from smoking?

Cigarette packets in Canada carry very strong messages on the dangers of smoking. There are warnings of the dangers relating to cancer, heart disease, impotency and to babies etc.

People still smoke!!

same here, with some very nasty photo's to (ie there's one of a huge tumour growing on someones neck!)

same here, with some very nasty photo's to (ie there's one of a huge tumour growing on someones neck!)

You see the point is, I would rather stop my child from smoking before they get addicted to it.

It causes cancer and a lot of other health problems. I wouldn't be a very good parent if I condoned smoking would I?

British Library Catalogue Search for "Helston Report" - 5 results, none published after 1900

The Library of Congress Search for "Helston Report" - no results.

Highfield library catalogue - no record of any Professor Helston as either contributor or author.

Am I spelling it correctly?

Yes, you are spelling it correctly. But. As I said in a previous post, you will have to physically enter the Central Library in Surrey St to view it as we did.

In the meen time, any advise on how to stop our children from smoking? :)

Yes, you are spelling it correctly. But. As I said in a previous post, you will have to physically enter the Central Library in Surrey St to view it as we did.

Presumably this is some secret report that the Library do not list in their catalogue? Do you have the ISBN/ISSN/CODEN number for it?

words or phrase "Helston Report" found no matches in the library you searched.

That's a search of the whole Library Catalogue, reference and fiction.

A search for just "Helston" as an author brings up only one result: Is this the publication you mean:

Spanish and Later Italian Paintings

Helston, Michael

Publisher: National Gallery in Association with Collins,

Pub date: 1983.

Description: 128p. :

ISBN: 000217183X

Item info: 1 copy available at Reference and Information Library.

l

You see the point is, I would rather stop my child from smoking before they get addicted to it.

It causes cancer and a lot of other health problems. I wouldn't be a very good parent if I condoned smoking would I?

aye? i agree with you falpere, if theres a way to stop your lad smoking then do it, of course. that post of mine was just pointing out the theres warnings and pic's of cigy packets here as well as canada

Presumably this is some secret report that the Library do not list in their catalogue? Do you have the ISBN/ISSN/CODEN number for it?

That's a search of the whole Library Catalogue, reference and fiction.

A search for just "Helston" as an author brings up only one result: Is this the publication you mean:

Maybe, but you would have to ask the library about that.

I received an email earlier today from a poster that previously quizzed me about the report in much the same manner as you are doing. They did the legwork and found the report exactly where I said it could be found in the first place.

Gave me the giggles to be honnest, I told them it couldn't be found on the web, but they still looked! I told them where it could be found but they didn't look there until they had tried to prove me wrong!! :hihi:

Any advice on the topic yet?

aye? i agree with you falpere, if theres a way to stop your lad smoking then do it, of course. that post of mine was just pointing out the theres warnings and pic's of cigy packets here as well as canada

I know carly, I pressed the quote button instead of reply! Sorry about that! :blush::thumbsup:

Maybe, but you would have to ask the library about that.

I received an email earlier today from a poster that previously quizzed me about the report in much the same manner as you are doing. They did the legwork and found the report exactly where I said it could be found in the first place.

Gave me the giggles to be honnest, I told them it couldn't be found on the web, but they still looked! I told them where it could be found but they didn't look there until they had tried to prove me wrong!! :hihi:

So if I call the central library, what am I asking for? "The Helston Report"?

And what does "transinct" mean?

Archived