How do you stop your child from smoking?

So if I call the central library, what am I asking for? "The Helston Report"?

And what does "transinct" mean?

Don't call, call in. Both your questions will be answered.

Now can you stop this, and answer how to stop children from putting themselves at risk of cancer. I have a child that has come home smelling like an ash tray while I am taking care of someone very close to me who is undergoing treatment for cancer. If you have any sound advise I am all ears. If you are on the windup then jog on.

I'm just curious as to why "The Helston Report" is only held at Sheffield Central Library, and is not on the catalogue - and why no-one seems to have heard of it, apart from you and the mystery poster who did call into the library.

I'm quite happy to stand corrected, I just think it's abominably strange that they wouldn't list a publication on their catalogue, and somewhat remiss.

Why shouldn't I call them? They have a telephone.

However we both have the complete OED, and transinct doesn't seem to make an appearance. Perhaps it's a foreign word?

same here, with some very nasty photo's to (ie there's one of a huge tumour growing on someones neck!)

That picture does, however, beg the question, why would someone not think when they 'nicked' themselves during shaving, that there was a slight abnormality? (click if you haven't seen it)

If that man waited until that stage to actually take action, then have pictures taken, then quite frankly he deserves to die, unless he has the mental incapability of recognising absolute certain abnormality. Even if this was the case, then his carer must have noticed something when they were feeding him. Either it is a fake, or this man is an insult to human intelligence.

You see the point is, I would rather stop my child from smoking before they get addicted to it.

Who would want their child to smoke? Seriously man/ or woman. You consistently ignore everything you don't like to hear. I don't know why I'm wasting my time posting. It's just on the off chance that you are serious, because I'm unsure.

It causes cancer and a lot of other health problems. I wouldn't be a very good parent if I condoned smoking would I?

Who in the right mind condones smoking? You educate them the best you can. That isn't condoning. :rolleyes:

There was a good post from an often controversial poster earlier about saying 'you wont do this, not under my roof, or anywhere!!' (or words to that effect), that just are a waste of time. You might as well say 'please start smoking, I'll pay for it too'.

Has anyone said the obvious yet, in the 6 or so pages yet?

Work on this [i'm writing this quickly, which is why I say work on it].... Tell them 'I can't stop you doing what ever you want when I'm not around. If you make a decision to try smoking, I can't stop you from doing so. I won't be disappointed with you, but I will be disappointed. It's a silly habit, that costs a huge amount and has absolutely no benefit. The fact that it tastes absolutely vile, is its power, no one thinks they can get addicted, and that's how people do get addicted. You aren't naive if you smoke, you aren't stupid, you just simply discover addiction. You could be right, and that it does look cool, as most stars who look cool in films etc are smoking.

-

Any chance of some answers to post 105? :)

He is 12 tell him it is against the law to smoke before 16. I know this never stops people but tell him you don't mind him smoking when he is 16 and not 12. He is a child. Kids are too quick to grow up and try and be grown ups before they are ready.

I'm just curious as to why "The Helston Report" is only held at Sheffield Central Library, and is not on the catalogue - and why no-one seems to have heard of it, apart from you and the mystery poster who did call into the library.

I'm quite happy to stand corrected, I just think it's abominably strange that they wouldn't list a publication on their catalogue, and somewhat remiss.

Why shouldn't I call them? They have a telephone.

However we both have the complete OED, and transinct doesn't seem to make an appearance. Perhaps it's a foreign word?

You appear to be capable of finding the Helston report without my help.

Reading between the lines, you are having a similar problem to me. You have a child that has started smoking, You are having trouble coming to terms with it. You appear to be embarresed about it, so you are using diversion tactics.

There is no shame in it. It is not down to your parenting. I have learned this.

Perhaps it might help if you share your experience as I have.

For every silly post, there are at least 3 sensible ones. Learn to ignore the silly ones, It takes some effort but is worth it. :):thumbsup:

He is 12 tell him it is against the law to smoke before 16. I know this never stops people but tell him you don't mind him smoking when he is 16 and not 12. He is a child. Kids are too quick to grow up and try and be grown ups before they are ready.

You are as right as you can get. We can only tell our kids that it is against the law until they are 16. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an abundance of law enforcers making sure that the law is upheld.. It would be an impossible task anyway.

So I, as a parent, along with other parent's such as Phanerothyme have to try and deal with the problem ourselves. This is the part that we find tricky.

Saying the right things, staying cool instead of laying the law down! bit of a nightmare to be honnest. :(

That picture does, however, beg the question, why would someone not think when they 'nicked' themselves during shaving, that there was a slight abnormality? (click if you haven't seen it)

If that man waited until that stage to actually take action, then have pictures taken, then quite frankly he deserves to die, unless he has the mental incapability of recognising absolute certain abnormality. Even if this was the case, then his carer must have noticed something when they were feeding him. Either it is a fake, or this man is an insult to human intelligence.

Who would want their child to smoke? Seriously man/ or woman. You consistently ignore everything you don't like to hear. I don't know why I'm wasting my time posting. It's just on the off chance that you are serious, because I'm unsure.

Who in the right mind condones smoking? You educate them the best you can. That isn't condoning. :rolleyes:

There was a good post from an often controversial poster earlier about saying 'you wont do this, not under my roof, or anywhere!!' (or words to that effect), that just are a waste of time. You might as well say 'please start smoking, I'll pay for it too'.

Has anyone said the obvious yet, in the 6 or so pages yet?

Work on this [i'm writing this quickly, which is why I say work on it].... Tell them 'I can't stop you doing what ever you want when I'm not around. If you make a decision to try smoking, I can't stop you from doing so. I won't be disappointed with you, but I will be disappointed. It's a silly habit, that costs a huge amount and has absolutely no benefit. The fact that it tastes absolutely vile, is its power, no one thinks they can get addicted, and that's how people do get addicted. You aren't naive if you smoke, you aren't stupid, you just simply discover addiction. You could be right, and that it does look cool, as most stars who look cool in films etc are smoking.

-

Any chance of some answers to post 105? :)

As you say, it needs work, but some good pointers there. Cheers. :)

As for answers to post 105, don't hold your breath! :hihi:;)

As you say, it needs work, but some good pointers there. Cheers. :)

Pleasure :)

As for answers to post 105, don't hold your breath! :hihi:;)

:rolleyes::hihi:

I know it is an impossible task as the more you fuss the more he will dig his heels in and do it all the more.

:huh:

How does that make it an impossible task. If, as you say, the more fuss, the more he will dig his heels in, then less fuss perhaps is a better option? :suspect:

Archived