How do you stop your child from smoking?

Tall order, but I will speak to a few people and PM next evening. In the mean time it might help to invite the posters on the Woodhouse thread to get involved. Bit less of the banter, and a little more purpose!

I am with you all the way. :)

I'll go for it.

I'll go for it.

We will speak tommorow then. I look forward to it. Lorri could be on board too by the sound of it, I have spoken to her before and she seems to be made of the right stuff. :)

whats wrong with corpral punnishment they would soon stop then if they were made to eat a packet like my parents thretend me with i was too scared to smoke your letting your kids rule you

Nearly everything. It doesn't work, it encourages violence and it damages those who inflict it as much as those it's inflicted upon.

Behavioural psychologists can show you lots of proof. But why would you think that hitting someone to impose your will would be a good way to bring them up and teach them about the world. Surely the primary lesson you are teaching them is that might is right?

We will speak tommorow then. I look forward to it. Lorri could be on board too by the sound of it, I have spoken to her before and she seems to be made of the right stuff. :)

I live the wrong side of town but I wish you good luck ;)

Nearly everything. It doesn't work, it encourages violence and it damages those who inflict it as much as those it's inflicted upon.

Wackyjaki does have a point though Halibut. I have often wondered why my parents and grandparents were so law abiding. I put it down to having a fear of breaking the the law and what would happen to them if they did.

Nowadays, there is no real deterent for youth's not to break the law.

What is the worst thing that can happen to them? A good tongue lashing from a voluntary cop!

Anyway that is a different topic.

How would you try and stop your child from smoking in order to prevent them damaging their health?

I live the wrong side of town but I wish you good luck ;)

Under age kids are smoking all over our city. Your input, little or large, will help. Give it a whirl, you don't have to leave your laptop to embark on a huge crusade or anything. The internet is a very powerful tool! :)

Behavioural psychologists can show you lots of proof. But why would you think that hitting someone to impose your will would be a good way to bring them up and teach them about the world. Surely the primary lesson you are teaching them is that might is right?

What sort of proof?

Proof that that the rate of teenage crime has increased since corporal punishment was abolished?

The Helston report from the mid seventies to present day clearly shows that the lack of deterant has shown a marked increase in juvenile crime.

Interestingly, the report shows the beggining of the increase, tallying with the ban of corporal punishment!

does it eck im not a violent person in facked the opposit kids know right from wrong and should abide by your rules if they respect you they will

Archived