Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

bellis

Hi

We were punx too in the 80's i think the pub you mean was the Howard Hotel. Did you go to Rebels and who did you knock about with? Do you remember Rocka Deb i still see her.

Yeah the skins used to hang around the Barrow Boys and the pub at the bottom of the road where the Cossack is (sorry can't remember pub or road name). Another favourite haunt was the gallery down at the markets. They'd stand there drinking cheap cider and then throw the bottles off, usually at the SWP paper sellers!

I knew quite a few of them as I was a punk at the time. There was Adolf, Skinner, Briggsy, can't remeber any other names right now. I see Briggsy sometimes. He's a personal trainer now and does landscape gardening too. He's actually a really nice bloke who's 'grown up' ok!

I was a mod in the mid 80's ...got chased a fare few times down the moor by the skinheads ..lol.. we had an all girls scooter club and used to meet up at the cafe just up that little road opposite the band stand:)

I ended up going out with one of the skinheads ..towards the end of the 80's alot bought scooters and ended up on the rallys with us ..scooter skins ..lol.:D

Can any of you remember Kev Roache?? ..and a punk girl called Seb?

Hi

Yes I remember Seb saw her last year she looks great .Saw her in a pub then later at the Dammed gig we took our 16 year old daughter .She could not belive how her dad danced when New Rose came on n smash it up ect.

Dont get me wrong, he wouldnt swap his skinhead days for anything. Hes more of a baldhead these days anyway!:hihi: Just seeing the thread made him realise how long ago it really was, and hes still stunned about reading some of the names that have been mentioned. He hadnt heard their names for a long time :)

I am writing a book about the punk generation of sheffield and the area and this will include some stories involving skinheads..up to yet the ones I have (including some of my own accounts) have mostly been negative , though I did speak to and get on ok with some skins at gigs etc, so anyone out there who wants to get involved and send me some stories that will balance the agenda, please do so and I will put the best stuff in my forthcoming book... I need stories from punks, skins and mods who were on the local scene from 1976 to 1982...anyone interested please email me at rotherpunk@aol.com

just wondered if any of you lot know an old skin by the name of creaser.

Hello ! I know Paul we was in the same year at school and we lived across the road from each other when we was growing up (so less of the old PLEASE:hihi:) they was a lovely family , I still see his mum from time to time too ...really nice lady ! and I was abit of a girly skin too ! :blush:

Clare :wave:x

Hello ! I know Paul we was in the same year at school and we lived across the road from each other when we was growing up (so less of the old PLEASE:hihi:) they was a lovely family , I still see his mum from time to time too ...really nice lady ! and I was abit of a girly skin too ! :blush:

Clare :wave:x

sorry about the old. i was in the same year as his brother dean so that makes me more erm mature lets say.:)