Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

bellis

I was just going to say the same thing.

From what I remember it was a really rough pub for really tough lesbians in the 70s and 80s.

thats true,we used to go in on a sunday night,sometimes playing cards with some of the regulars,one of em told us to "just treat me like one of the lads",but got really upset when punched in the face when caught repeatedly cheating.

• 1 month later...

anyone remember 2 brothers possibly 3 named jon (oldest), stephen (middle) and andrew (youngest), i belive that they were in the showboats sometime in the 80's not 100 % tho (stephen's my dad). and also i would like to say it only takes 1% of a population to create a stereotype. most skins wernt racist.

tone78 let us now when the book comes out should be a intersting read.

• 1 month later...

Any ex skinheads have any stories to tell ofthe Punk days...gigs at the marples(infa-riot etc)...cockney rejects, angelic upstarts, sham 69 gigs...two tone....scraps....ska....clothes...all accounts welcome for inclusion in my forthcoming book about the Punk era generation of Sheffield and the area.

please email me at rotherpunk@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
Yep Thats me, I now there was a Webbo in the younger generation of skinheads who started coming down pond street about 83 but i dont think his first name was Andy, i may be wrong due to the amount of lager drunk since those days.

I am off Southeygreen and went to Colley school, left in 82 'officially', who would have though that i would end up where i am now, i wouldn't have.

As has been mentioned before by others some of us grew up some didn't, i keep my alter ego locked up these days only let out on special events that include meeting old friends, lots of lager, stomping about the dance floor and being defend by load ska ( still loads of bands on the music scene )

O well back to Cider and don't forget lots of old faces will be at the Bad Manners Gig at the Corporation on the 14th Dec....

Did you hang around with China when he lived in the flats off division street

• 11 months later...

Only came across this site by chance , good to hear all the old names it brought all the memories flooding back .It would be interesting to see them all now and see how they all turned out, anyway to all who knew me "ALRIGHT" i'm still alive and well but i've calmed down a bit . They were some off the best days of my life and some off the best people you could wish to meet.