Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

bellis

Oooh lol sorry didnt think id get the name off the coat right hehe.

He is living on bellhouse and like i said married :o oh how times change eh.

jeez whoever thought we'd settle down, get married have sprogs & all that malarky:gag::gag: i still see cricket down chap he still wears the whole shenanigans, thats 1 lad that will never change lol

• 4 months later...
Yep Thats me, I now there was a Webbo in the younger generation of skinheads who started coming down pond street about 83 but i dont think his first name was Andy, i may be wrong due to the amount of lager drunk since those days.

I am off Southeygreen and went to Colley school, left in 82 'officially', who would have though that i would end up where i am now, i wouldn't have.

As has been mentioned before by others some of us grew up some didn't, i keep my alter ego locked up these days only let out on special events that include meeting old friends, lots of lager, stomping about the dance floor and being defend by load ska ( still loads of bands on the music scene )

O well back to Cider and don't forget lots of old faces will be at the Bad Manners Gig at the Corporation on the 14th Dec....

webbo (webster) was off the kelvin, along with the andersons? think it was andersons anyway, 2 families of brothers, if i remember rightly webbo was called dave.

I was skinhead girl in the early 80's, best days of my life, I was never in any fights or saw any of my mates involved in any violence, we used to keep out of trouble best we could and just had a good laugh together, shaved head wiv a fringe we'd ask for at scotts barbers on the wicker, our dress code (girls)was monkey boots/ porkpie shoes, Smart Rs jeans, white Fred Perry n silk green/ blue pilot jacket, we all looked very smart!

most of our time was spent on the gallery at the markets, the showboat, the friery, pond street (does anyone remember THE FOUR SEASONS cafe? it was gr8 for a cuppa,) or the hole in the road, sometimes we'd go up to spring street where they started a youth club for us,i spent many nights playing pool there, then later onto the marples n the barrow boys pubs. We all seemed to take over the fair at Hillsborough too when it came to town!

I remember all the old crowd who i've not seen for many years, China, Briggsy, Gibby (RIP), Neville, Adolf, Mezzy, Drid, Tommy, Kenty, Casper, Andy G, Pete C, Ant, Steve, Turtle, Dicko, Razor, Gally, Gary A, Gary P, Scodger, Daz, Datz, Norman, Willy, Mozzle, Webbo, Froggy, Coley (RIP), Wayne n Tony Anderson, Zonny, Sammy, Trish, Jackie, Adele, Joanne, Traci, Trina, Mel, Murphy, Bev, Lynne, Dawn, Jane, Jill, Jet, Debs, Kate, Diane to name only a few, i often wonder what they're up to now, i'm just a regular 30 something working mum (with very long hair!) hoping my kids dont turn out like i did lol!!! ;)

oh, what fun we had, but at the time it seemed so bad, trying different ways to make a difference to the days!!!

Anyone ive forgot?, please let me know :)

you forgot me :(

any idea what helen (murphy) is up to these days? would love to see her again.

i was one of them. used to hang in the hole in the road or pond street, there was, westy, nad, sham, digger and myself (masi) many more but i cant remember names its too long ago now, i always had a motorhead badge on my crombie it always confused people when they saw it.

Does anyone remember Biddy, Nige Lee, Alan Clarke? All from pond street in the late seventies, all dead now. Another one who I seem to remember was Kev Mason or something like that, he was found dead in the river at the wicker or something similar.

Edited by alex3659