Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

bellis

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunamus

anyone remember 2 brothers possibly 3 named jon (oldest), stephen (middle) and andrew (youngest), i belive that they were in the showboats sometime in the 80's not 100 % tho (stephen's my dad). and also i would like to say it only takes 1% of a population to create a stereotype. most skins wernt racist.

tone78 let us now when the book comes out should be a intersting read.

the andersons had a few brothers at that time...im not sure of anyone else

Could this be Martin, Andrew and Stephen?? DIXON?

Their dad was John, he used to virtually live in the Cannon pub???

My brother Ian (Axe) used to hang around the gallery,pond street etc with Adolf,Skinner,galley n more who's names I can't remember!! he's got loads of pics from around that time.Soski is also a blast from the past! he's got a tattoo shop down Attercliffe now

In 81 i think it was, i was 11, i met my "bird" from woodseats in pond street bus station, anyway, 7 or 8 punk types tried mugging me for gold stud ear-ring, the lads from the galleries saw what was happening and came to my rescue, gave the lads a right kicking.

i'd never seen violence like that before and wanted nothing more to do with town, though the skins told me not to pussy out of coming into town and i was welcome to hang out with them, which i did for 5 years or so.

Never saw them bully anyone ever, all top lads to a man, some of my best youth memories came from those 5 years, top times.