Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

bellis

:) we were original skin's [68] seems 2 me in them days u were either a skin or a hairy,it was just the in fashion of the period.we never got in 2 bovver, we just thought we looked smart in our boots & braces,can't imagine rollin about in a pair o trousers that cost a years pocket money.as 2 seude heads it seemed a natural progression to not bein a skin anymore as yer hair di'nt grow back over nite,or u cudda won the pools bought a john lennon wig & whole new wardrobe-lol.the only bad trouble i saw round that time was the mods & rockers kickin the sh*t outta each other in skegness,the general opinion being that the 1s that started it had been as close 2 a motor bike or scooter as i have 2 michelle phiefer.u used 2 see em all oer't place carry'in their crash helmet,wearin a parka or studded leather jackets [with a scrapmans dream xmas bonus on their backs-lol] catchin the last bus or train home.these were known as plastics or greebos,depending on what form of 2 wheeled transport u pretended 2 have.me & the m8s went on 2 buyining lambrettas [the sensible 1s bought vespas] so i spose we were then mods, i seemed 2 spend most o the time pushin my bl**dy scooter on long runs 2 the seaside etc. & many a time rockers on big triumphs bsa's etc. stopped & got the damn thing goin again 4 me[bless em].any road as we got al ittle older & discovered the forbidden fruits of pubs & clubs we all turned in2 rod stewart or bowie clones[with a few marc bolans thrown in2]so in my humble opinion its all about fashion,in no way did i think i was connected 2 racism or facism [our ole fella fought the nazis 4- 5years & they wer'nt very nice 2 me ma & granparents either-see my other posts-attercliffe.]on a footnote, has any1 got the same hairstyle & dress style they had 40 years ago?. eroll brown[hot chocolate] rod stewart & david essex need not reply.p.s. [think it was big ed who said e was a 60s skin]do u remember the darnall mob led by georgie moore & his brother?.

:hihi: yo miss skin,things do'nt change much-lol,i allus believed in the ole do'nt judge a book by its cover adage,any road the stuff i heard bout the teddy boys [origianal 1s] in the 50s wudda made my hair curl [iffen i'd ad any at the time]with the knife fights & all such like.at my age now i try all sorts 2 stop be'in a skinhead-lol,you wear what u want luv,its inside what counts.

LMAO, so why is it that most men these days have shaved heads?, just take a look at footballers n male models, seems all the good looking ones have skinheads!!! ;)

well speaking for myself.............cos im now getting on a bit and losing my hair :P

or id prolly still have a mohican :D

:hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_blue_owl

The Skinheads were a ridiculous looking, low intellect, cowardly, obnoxious bunch of turds

. you met them all then?,sry can't remember you in 68. the most [regular ] trouble i saw then & now is caused by idiots running round in football scarves, what ever kind of head they'v got.