HAYFEVER and ORAL ALLERGY SYNDROME

Anyone have this?

The past few days have seen a very high pollen count.The offending pollen at the moment is GRASS POLLEN so everytime I eat anything with wheat in it or have a raw tomato my typical hayfever symptoms are increased but I also suffer from an awful itch inside my mouth which CAN be painful.Has anyone else figured out which foods cross react with their pollen?

Also I eat alot of sugar and I mean LOTS so I've also discovered that cane sugar is something which aggravates me a little.

I have allergies, one of which is hayfever sometimes. It's tree pollen with me apparently so eating some fruits (bananas etc) can make the inside of my throat itch but not enough to be annoying or stop me.

I've never had an itchy mouth and foods never affect me. Fields however, or a freshly cut hedge will set me off sneezing at certain times of the year.

They say (whoever 'they' are) that eating local honey helps you become more used to local pollen which helps reduce hay fever.

I'm allergic to some pollens (not all) and it seems that the ones which annoy me are well under way, so I will be taking Claritin for a couple of months. I spoke to a doctor a few days ago who said she had noted (and her colleagues elsewhere had confirmed) that pollen allergies seemed to be rather worse than usual this year.

Archived