The 2010 Emergency Budget thread

I am entitled to my opinion and i shall have it. I have been there and i am not there anymore, it was a simply question of get up and go.

The country is in a mess because labour catered to those who feel sorry for themselves, well the time is up. If you have a legitimate claim to benefit you will be ok, albeit somewhat pushed. They conservatives may abuse it and make unfair decisions along the way, that is a flaw in society.

Less money on benefit, more on things to keep our values intact, if it hurts me for a few years so be it, in some small way it may help the youth of our country find it's indentity.

Would sheff1 work if an employer granted them flexible hours around their illness and the time required by it?......have they even considered that?

'VAT, I expected something there, the more you earn, the more you spend.'

er, not quite, Vat is a very regressive tax, someone on 12'000 pays the same for an item as someone on 100'000, it stinks

I simply said the more you earn the more you spend, the person on £100K has paid a lot more income tax and NHI than the person on £12K by the way.

er, not quite, Vat is a very regressive tax, someone on 12'000 pays the same for an item as someone on 100'000, it stinks

you expect people with more money to pay more for a telly:loopy:

if you can't afford the vat don't buy the telly-no problem.

That was either a ridiculous explanation or claiming that a rise is VAT is unfair is ridiculous.

oh grow up - he has an opinion and in some respects hes right, i know if i was disabled i'd want to be doing something not just sitting around if that means getting me into a job that isnt too stressful and keeps me occupied then hell yeah...

I know this isnt possible for everyone by the way, before you start hurling immature insults at me.

Remember Remploy?

It provided employment for vulnerable disabled workers in a supportive environment and demand always exceeded places available, so please don't assume that the disabled dom't want to work.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Remploy has been axed and nothing has taken its place. The workplace is often a ruthless environment with no time or money to give the disabled the support they need.

Something as simple as fire regulations can disbar someone from a normal workplace environment.

Where's the support for a blind person? Paraplegics? Learning disabled?

I know people in all the above catagories who work, but have been forced to give up when funding for special equipment etc has been withdrawn.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

End of the day this country has been surviving on loans, the spending craze is officially over.

Be thankful there was no increase on duty for fuel etc. Im glad we have the consevatives at the helm and they chose to sharpen the axe and make it a clean blow.

Vat is a bugger but then again if enough people don't like it then we have the right to protest, which we tend not to do on a large enough scale in this country.

Guest sibon
you expect people with more money to pay more for a telly:loopy:

if you can't afford the vat don't buy the telly-no problem.

That was either a ridiculous explanation or claiming that a rise is VAT is unfair is ridiculous.

A rise in VAT does hit the poorest disproportionately. Perhaps we should look at having different rates for luxury goods, rather than necessities. After all, food is zero rated. We could increase the VAT to 22% on TVs, games consoles etc and reduce it on clothing. The advantage of VAT is that the tax avoiders and evaders find it a little more difficult to skirt around.

In this case, everyone on a low and middle income will gain on the income tax swings and lose on the VAT roundabout. The actual difference in tax paid will depend upon how much you spend. Those on benefits have been squeezed twice.

So you suggest a different VAT amount depending on earnings? Someone who earns nothing and claims their entitlement from the state in hand outs so pay less than someone working hard and bettering themselves? Yes really stinks :loopy:

Remember Remploy?

It provided employment for vulnerable disabled workers in a supportive environment and demand always exceeded places available, so please don't assume that the disabled dom't want to work.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Remploy has been axed and nothing has taken its place. The workplace is often a ruthless environment with no time or money to give the disabled the support they need.

Something as simple as fire regulations can disbar someone from a normal workplace environment.

Where's the support for a blind person? Paraplegics? Learning disabled?

I know people in all the above catagories who work, but have been forced to give up when funding for special equipment etc has been withdrawn.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

And you obviously cannot read very well.....notice the sentence stating "I know this isnt possible for everyone by the way, before you start hurling immature insults at me."

She is backing up the need for such programs, that they do not exist is not her problem.

lol, you must be one of those people who would prefer everybody to earn the same, spend the same, and live the same,....such as robots. Rather then have a grudge against someone who has either earned or inherited there money....try and earn it yourself.....

Archived