The 2010 Emergency Budget thread

Hopefully in the future although i wouldn't bank on it, I've heard hundreds of stories about people trying to claim for disability benefits and they turn you down most of the time especially if you look ok on the outside and aren't bedridden or in a wheelchair, Apparently you have to go through numerous appeals and tribunals and a lot of stress and it can take months or sometimes longer than that, a nightmare process which i'm not looking forward to going through.

Applications, stress and a nightmare process. Sounds almost as painful as applying for a job.

Hopefully in the future although i wouldn't bank on it, I've heard hundreds of stories about people trying to claim for disability benefits and they turn you down most of the time especially if you look ok on the outside and aren't bedridden or in a wheelchair, Apparently you have to go through numerous appeals and tribunals and a lot of stress and it can take months or sometimes longer than that, a nightmare process which i'm not looking forward to going through.

....but you'll have the time though?

Applications, stress and a nightmare process. Sounds almost as painful as applying for a job.

What are you trying to say? Unless you know what you have to go through then i wouldn't comment on something you know nothing about.

If i could work i would simple as that, Fact is i would not last 2 mins in a job due to my health problems, Just coming on here can be hard for me.

I don't think a government could force someone to work if they were incapable and doctors confirmed this? The only job i could do would involve sitting down all day and also having numerous naps during the day as that's what i have to do on a daily basis.

weazel , not a nice thing to say but what you said was reprehensible, I sincerly hope you become disabled one day and see what you think then.

disabled people have been demonised by NL and now the Condems as the 'new enemy within' its time decent and progressive people on CIF and in the wider country more robustly defend them and worked with disabled people themselves to change perceptions.

What are you trying to say? Unless you know what you have to go through then i wouldn't comment on something you know nothing about.

If i could work i would simple as that, Fact is i would not last 2 mins in a job due to my health problems, Just coming on here can be hard for me.

Although, you can come on here and type so therefore surely you could do a job for someone that involves typing such as an administrator?

Guest sibon
Well it isn't all bluster then is it. The chief exectutive moves to HK and the head office and board of directors go too.

And the rest of the operation stays put.

If the banks want to move, let them. Nobody cared when all the manufacturing went east, why should financial services be any different?

I certainly don't think that UK tax policy should be influenced by such threats. It appears that Mr Osbourne shares my view. He has just gone up a little in my estimation.

Although, you can come on here and type so therefore surely you could do a job for someone that involves typing such as an administrator?

Coming on here for a few minutes does not mean i could work, I don't go more than 2 or 3 hours without having to have a good lie down, There's a big difference and your post suggests you would not understand so i am not going to explain, I'm sure other people on here who cannot work due to some kind of illness or disability will understand but other people just slag off people who have health issues or are disabled and make out as if everyone can work no matter what, I'm coming off here now as i have got to lie down as i am completely drained.

Archived