The 2010 Emergency Budget thread

Coming on here for a few minutes does not mean i could work, I don't go more than 2 or 3 hours without having to have a good lie down, There's a big difference and your post suggests you would not understand so i am not going to explain, I'm sure other people on here who cannot work due to some kind of illness or disability will understand but other people just slag off people who have health issues or are disabled and make out as if everyone can work no matter what, I'm coming off here now as i have got to lie down as i am completely drained.

I'm not slagging you off, I'm simply saying that there are jobs you can do that do not require physical activity.

weazel , not a nice thing to say but what you said was reprehensible, I sincerly hope you become disabled one day and see what you think then.

disabled people have been demonised by NL and now the Condems as the 'new enemy within' its time decent and progressive people on CIF and in the wider country more robustly defend them and worked with disabled people themselves to change perceptions.

Excuse me gamezone but i believe weazel was talking about the immature little so and so's who like to claim money we earn spend it on booze and hang around on street corners until returning to their parents home and causing havoc with them....

I dont think its a nice thing to wish ill health on someone because of their opinion, how do you know he doesnt already suffer with some disability????

I am saying that nearly all disabled people have some ability to perform some action, there are people with legitimate claims to disability who cannot work, and then those that feel sorry for themselves or just are flat out playing on it.

My father has had 4 heart attacks and has a much reduced level of energy and get up and go, he was a bus driver for 30 years. There are plenty of jobs he could do that are less stressful on his system and a desk job requires much less physical strength....yes the stress may contribute to a health risk but again placing him in the right environment is better for him.

Without knowing the posters disabilities it would be unfair to comment on wether they should be in reciept of benefit or not, however to just flatout assume you are not fit for ANY work whatsoever is just bedding down.

weazel, have you ever read the 'ragged trousered philanthropist' it sums up people like you perfectly

btw, where are these 'enlightened' employers who are going to take on people like S1, for example youth unemployment is over 20%, theycan't get jobs so how can people with disabilities

and no I am not patronising PWD, just pointing out the realities of the labour market.

anyway, back on topic

VAT, I expected something there, the more you earn, the more you spend.

Capital Gains Tax, I doubt that the 28% rate will bring in much extra, it's relatively easy to avoid if you're wealthy, and shouldn't trouble the majority.

Corporation tax, a 24% rate would make the UK competitive.

I've not got my head around benefits yet.

NI, good for jobs and small companies.

The city can't make it's mind up, 50 odd points down, that could have happened without a budget.

As I see it the VAT increase will mop up the part of the budget deficit that normal events will not They have billions of pounds worth of banking shares to off load when the time is right, a lot of the budget was just window dressing.

weazel, have you ever read the 'ragged trousered philanthropist' it sums up people like you perfectly

oh grow up - he has an opinion and in some respects hes right, i know if i was disabled i'd want to be doing something not just sitting around if that means getting me into a job that isnt too stressful and keeps me occupied then hell yeah...

I know this isnt possible for everyone by the way, before you start hurling immature insults at me.

Archived