Why are people so obsessed with getting a suntan?

In today's society your considered stupid to risk cancer by smoking but it quite acceptable to risk cancer just to get some colour on your skin. Wonder how sexy you will feel when you end up scarred for life after painful surgery & skin grafts, wonder if brown skin will be worth it then

I have never understood the compulsion of so many people to make themselves look tanned. I see people who go and stand outside at the very first sign of sun and hold a mirror up to their neck so they get tanned all over. People go on holiday and do nothing but lie in the sun just to 'work on the tan'. Really, what's the appeal?

What's even worse to me is fake tans. Many people seem to think that spending hours in what looks like a sandwich toaster just to make their skin look slightly more brown is actually a worthwhile way to spend their spare time. :huh:

I really don't get it. Can someone please enlighten me?

It is important to look healthy when you get skin cancer:clap:

Archived