Heard about Hollie Grieg? Alleged victim of paedophile ring.

Which issues?

Our children are in danger of what?

Organised paedophile rings acting above the law.

As i've said before i'd like to know if shes lying or not,if there's nothing to hide why the mass media silence?

Why give her £13500 "compensation".

Why has her Mother and Robert Green not been arrested for slander or the people that have puplicly named the accused not been charged with slander/libel?

Why would she keep pressing for justice(for 10 years) if its all a fantasy?

I don't know the truth just like you don't,

Thats why i'd like to see a public enquiry.

Not a freemason or an MP. The target clearly says 10,000 just above sponsored by Grenville Green.

Fact is this case would have a lot more credibility if it had stayed away from the conspiracy nonsense and not made claims that really aren't true.

Like from the petition;

Partly because of special memory abilities held by many Down's Syndrome children, Hollie was able to name her perpetrators

Now I've looked on a number of Down's charity websites and I haven't seen the claim for special memory abilities anywhere. For example;

http://www.down-syndrome.org/reports/111/

I agree that the case loses some of its credibility due to some of what you point out.

However unless you know the girl its difficult to judge.

I imagine the ultimate target for the petition was/is 10,000 the current goal is 1000 to send on to the home secretary.

Wouldn't you like an enquiry so you can laugh at me and say told you so when its proven to be all made up.

I agree that the case loses some of its credibility due to some of what you point out.

However unless you know the girl its difficult to judge.

Do you know the girl?

Are we hearing her authentic voice - or people speaking "on her behalf". Other people who appear to be capable of telling tall stories.

More about Down's syndrome - people with Down's have good implicit memory functions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_memory

Which kinda suggests Hollie may simply be repeating what other people have told her to say. She would sound truthful - if she is told something she will accept it as the truth.

Do you know the girl?

Are we hearing her authentic voice - or people speaking "on her behalf". Other people who appear to be capable of telling tall stories.

More about Down's syndrome - people with Down's have good implicit memory functions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_memory

Which kinda suggests Hollie may simply be repeating what other people have told her to say. She would sound truthful - if she is told something she will accept it as the truth.

Why would her mother do that to her?

What would she have to gain from putting her daughter through all that?

She was paid the "compensation"years ago, she wants justice.

Even if it was just to get at her husband(who beat her)why also implicate Hollies brother,the police,social workers etc.

It's a bit extreme.

If you read their story on link on my original post you'll find theres much more to this than Hollies word.

I find your determination to "debunk" this story rather strange but you have a right to your opinion i suppose.

Sorry if I'm stirring up an old thread here. I ended up on one of those weird searches where you click one thing which leads to another which leads to another, and before I knew it I was reading this and laughing my head off at the notion any credence could be given to a story that begins with '... Ann was dragged into the street from her home and injected in the buttock in view of her neighbours.

she woke up in hospital sectioned under the mental health act,told she was paranoid about her husband...' (And you believe what she has to say why?)

I'm afraid I've got a friend who's something of a conspiracy nut, so I've had to do some internet trawling on this one in the past, and came across the following which I refered him to. He still believes 'something happened' but for him that's a moderate view:

A blog entry from someone who's looked into it and isn't on crazy pills (a rarity with this case) and had to put up with some 'intimidation' from the conspiracy nutters for her troubles:

-http://www.annaraccoon.com/madeleine-mccann/robert-green-hollie-greig/

This is a site that was run by a guy on behalf of the mother. He's since discontinued that service after realising there was no evidence to back up her claims:

-http://stolenkids-hollie.blogspot.com/1992/02/sk-h037-dr-carter-dr-maitland-03-feb.html

To quote it:

'We regret due to duplicitous and dishonourable behaviour of Anne Greig and what we consider to be the exploitation of Hollie Greig and association with various fringe media against our recommendation I now consider the case to be unlikely to ever be brought to Court - Increasingly it is becoming clear it is a sad case of mental health and the exploitation of an unfortunate Downs Syndrome woman with a mental age of around 3.1/2 to 6 being exploited.

The clear lack of ANY factual and substantive evidence in provenance of abuse let alone serial abuse underlies the REASON why the Crown was unable to bring any case to Court previously. '

Sorry about the links, apparently I might post spam if I were given the ability to post real links. Good old copy and paste should still work though.

The basic gist is the mother's clearly got something wrong with her and both her and her daughter have been exploited both by self-serving individuals and those who continue to spread the mistruths about the case (conspiracy nuts).

I'm sure that, like my friend, those who have an irrational faith in the validity of these claims will not have their views changed by this, I just wanted to assure the rational ones amongst you out there that you're right. ;)

Sorry if I'm stirring up an old thread here. I ended up on one of those weird searches where you click one thing which leads to another which leads to another, and before I knew it I was reading this and laughing my head off at the notion any credence could be given to a story that begins with '... Ann was dragged into the street from her home and injected in the buttock in view of her neighbours.

she woke up in hospital sectioned under the mental health act,told she was paranoid about her husband...' (And you believe what she has to say why?)

I'm afraid I've got a friend who's something of a conspiracy nut, so I've had to do some internet trawling on this one in the past, and came across the following which I refered him to. He still believes 'something happened' but for him that's a moderate view:

A blog entry from someone who's looked into it and isn't on crazy pills (a rarity with this case) and had to put up with some 'intimidation' from the conspiracy nutters for her troubles:

-http://www.annaraccoon.com/madeleine-mccann/robert-green-hollie-greig/

This is a site that was run by a guy on behalf of the mother. He's since discontinued that service after realising there was no evidence to back up her claims:

-http://stolenkids-hollie.blogspot.com/1992/02/sk-h037-dr-carter-dr-maitland-03-feb.html

To quote it:

'We regret due to duplicitous and dishonourable behaviour of Anne Greig and what we consider to be the exploitation of Hollie Greig and association with various fringe media against our recommendation I now consider the case to be unlikely to ever be brought to Court - Increasingly it is becoming clear it is a sad case of mental health and the exploitation of an unfortunate Downs Syndrome woman with a mental age of around 3.1/2 to 6 being exploited.

The clear lack of ANY factual and substantive evidence in provenance of abuse let alone serial abuse underlies the REASON why the Crown was unable to bring any case to Court previously. '

Sorry about the links, apparently I might post spam if I were given the ability to post real links. Good old copy and paste should still work though.

The basic gist is the mother's clearly got something wrong with her and both her and her daughter have been exploited both by self-serving individuals and those who continue to spread the mistruths about the case (conspiracy nuts).

I'm sure that, like my friend, those who have an irrational faith in the validity of these claims will not have their views changed by this, I just wanted to assure the rational ones amongst you out there that you're right. ;)

Thank you for a very informative post and links. You have obviously researched the subject in far more depth than anyone on this forum.

(some snippage for brevity)

Sorry if I'm stirring up an old thread here. I ended up on one of those weird searches where you click one thing which leads to another which leads to another, and before I knew it I was reading this and laughing my head off at the notion any credence could be given to a story that begins with '... Ann was dragged into the street from her home and injected in the buttock in view of her neighbours.'

'The clear lack of ANY factual and substantive evidence in provenance of abuse let alone serial abuse underlies the REASON why the Crown was unable to bring any case to Court previously. '

Thank you for a very informative post and links. You have obviously researched the subject in far more depth than anyone on this forum.

I think dannym's comments sum up what the reasoned amongst us have been saying all along.

'Despite no charges ever being brought, Hollie received £13,500 compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority in April last year.

"It is understood that followed evidence from a Grampian detective inspector, who described Hollie as “a truthful witness to the best of her ability and an entirely innocent victim”.

She was given £13,500 compensation despite no charges being brought - odd

Just to round off I've done a quick google on this as it appears to be the one strand not totally de-bunked.

Firstly to be awarded compensation by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority an offender does not have to be of convicted or charged with a crime.

http://www.cica.gov.uk/Can-I-apply/Am-I-eligible/

Secondly the level of evidence is not that required in a criminal court (ie beyond all reasonable doubt).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Injuries_Compensation_Authority

So basically CICA thought that on the balance of probabilities she had been sexually abused - not definite proof.

And a final thought - if she had been sexually abused isn't the most likely person to have abused her the someone who fled to Portugal - her father David Mackie.

Just to round off I've done a quick google on this as it appears to be the one strand not totally de-bunked.

Firstly to be awarded compensation by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority an offender does not have to be of convicted or charged with a crime.

http://www.cica.gov.uk/Can-I-apply/Am-I-eligible/

Secondly the level of evidence is not that required in a criminal court (ie beyond all reasonable doubt).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Injuries_Compensation_Authority

So basically CICA thought that on the balance of probabilities she had been sexually abused - not definite proof.

And a final thought - if she had been sexually abused isn't the most likely person to have abused her the someone who fled to Portugal - her father David Mackie.

good points Longcol.

it's a bit like when OJ Simpson was acquitted of the murders of his wife and her friend. he was found not guilty, there wasn't enough evidence against him to convict, yet a private prosecution, after, succeeded.

I don't think the comments above mean we shouldn't be asking for a public enquiry despite what s been said by "some guy".there are others,Qualified doctors included that think Hollie is telling the truth.

If they were the words of a Judge and jury following a full,genuine enquiry then i would accept it.

I would also like to think people can't go around accusing others of being paedophiles and not be arrested for it.

Why only charge Robert Green with breach of the peace(for handing out leaflets).

And why the "mass media "blackout .

Archived