New Govt takes away our right to see a G.P within 48 hours

I'm glad you think it is a non story, perhaps if you need to see a Doctor in the future you'll think differently.

if i need an emergency doctors appointment there are 24/7 on call doctors available everywhere , and for routine appts waitina few days aint a problem .

you are making an issue out of nothing here ,in a thinly disguised attack on the new government from your Labour soapbox.

Lets remember who racked up these massive debts we have at present ........... yes, thats right , your beloved Labour, so any anger you have about cuts should be aimed firmly in their direction.

if i need an emergency doctors appointment there are 24/7 on call doctors available everywhere , and for routine appts waitina few days aint a problem .

you are making an issue out of nothing here ,in a thinly disguised attack on the new government from your Labour soapbox.

Lets remember who racked up these massive debts we have at present ........... yes, thats right , your beloved Labour, so any anger you have about cuts should be aimed firmly in their direction.

See above, not everything is an emergency!

I'm glad you think it is a non story, perhaps if you need to see a Doctor in the future you'll think differently.

How right you are, why didn't I see this before, praise the lord I've been enlightened, from now on henceforth whenever I need the doctors I'll think, nah I aint phoning them because that Cameron says they may not get to see me in 48 hours anymore the vermin he.

Perhaps on the other hand I may now be able to book an appointment for next week.

Now unless I'm wrong, under the current rules he needed to be seen within 48 hours and was.

Now if the same thing happens next year there appears to be no compulsion to see him within specific timescales.

So obviously now David has said this your doctors are going to spend more time at the beach.

If it's not an emergency, then it can wait.

It sounds like it could help as well - if they can now say that routine appointments can be booked 3 or 4 days ahead, it frees up same day slots for those who need an appointment now.

As long as patients are triaged correctly, and there is a route to get an urgent appointment (NHS Direct, Walk in Centres, both great labour innovations, for just this sort of situation), I don't see the problem.

If it's not an emergency, then it can wait.

That's absolute nonsense!

So if a little lad is suffering in pain from an infected toe you really think he should be expected to wait to see a Doctor.

Come on, show some humanity!

He's not expected to wait in pain though. If an appointment with a GP wasn't easily available then other options including emergency doctor, walk-in centre, A&E, a call to 999 (as a last resort obviously) or private health are available.

Since when have you not been able to make a future appointment?

Something that came in a few years ago. The GP won't let you make an appointment if they can't provide one withing 48 hours. Your whole thread is based on a foundationless house of cards.

He's not expected to wait in pain though. If an appointment with a GP wasn't easily available then other options including emergency doctor, walk-in centre, A&E, a call to 999 (as a last resort obviously) or private health are available.

But it isn't an emergency!

That's absolute nonsense!

So if a little lad is suffering in pain from an infected toe you really think he should be expected to wait to see a Doctor.

Come on, show some humanity!

How about some perspective?

Before, come 8:40am, all the appointments for the day are booked up. Some by those who need to be seen, some by those who could wait a day, and some by those who could be seen in a week.

So under the current system, the receptionist will allocate them all appointments. Because she only has 2 days worth of appointments to play with, they go very quickly.

Get rid of the 48 hour target, and she can fit some of them in a few days later, freeing up more appointments for same-day cases. Then, when you ring at 8:50, there are actually appointments available.

Take a look at this for what tends to actually happen, rather than what 'should' happen. All targets encourage fiddling round the edges to increase adherance, rather than focusing on the actual quality of provision.

Archived