New Govt takes away our right to see a G.P within 48 hours

In what ways were the targets unworkable.

I can accept thay they could be unachievable at times, but not sure about unworkable.

They were unworkable because they dramatically increased the GP practices workload without giving them any funding to help them achieve it. The GP's also had no leeway with the target, they couldn't argue that they were seeing patients that had a much higher clinical need, the targets were imposed upon them.

Not at all!

I've never had problems booking appointments in the future and if I had have then I'd be following the relevant complaints procedure.

1) when was the last time you booked one of these future appointments.

2) define future appointment, I mean all appointments booked are future appointments, being that you a booking them for later the same day.

3) Seriously, honestly, think about it and tell me, do you think that all these anti-establishment threads some of which border along the lines of conspiracy theory, will somehow help the labour party win seats?

Not at all!

I've never had problems booking appointments in the future and if I had have then I'd be following the relevant complaints procedure.

You live in cloud cukoo land. I think things are different there. The situation in the real world is this.

Ring your GP for an appointment. If they have one within 48 hours you can book it. If not you are told to ring back next day and try again. At least now if the doctor has an appointment for 3 days ahead I will be able to book it now. Full credit to the new government for cutting out the deceit and improving the system at the same time.

Not scaremongering at all, this is the current guidance from the NHS website which seems to be quite clear.

"You should be able to see a GP within two working days.

If you need advice from another healthcare professional, such as a nurse, you should be able to see them within one working day.

However, if you don’t need to see someone straightaway, you should also be able to book an appointment more than two days ahead, For example:

•you may not need to see someone so quickly,

•you may want to see a particular GP, or

•you may need an appointment at a particular time, or on a particular day."

Which, as has already been stated was meaningless, because you could not always see a GP within two working days. You obviously haven't tried to book an appointment for a particular time or day, because you can't (in my experience).

The entire policy was little more than a lie from the previous government.

The entire policy was little more than a lie from the previous government.

I can't believe what I'm reading, are you saying t'was a lingering lie left by the labour lot 'n' lost to the tories and liberals?

You've just burst the current little heavenly labour bubble I'd just finished fantasizing about, oh well at least now I can say, I was a labourite for an hour.

hurrah for doctors being able to make the rules over people who have no medical clue

now to teaching

and the police

down with targets!!:clap::clap::clap:

I have no doubt that Mr T will have an appointment to raise a thread about them within the next 48 hours. :hihi::hihi:

and in an actual emergency you can go to A&E or your walk in centre or phone NHS direct if you want to see how urgent your problem is.

I think we are covered in an emergency! I would prefer to be able to book an appointment for a week in advance instead of within 48h which often isn't possible at the moment.

That's absolute nonsense!

So if a little lad is suffering in pain from an infected toe you really think he should be expected to wait to see a Doctor.

Come on, show some humanity!

why is it a "little lad" rather than a "drunk smelly old man":suspect:

I love the emotional blackmail attempts.

Archived